It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Wars, Arecibo down.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is a high conspiracy (aka not provable) but I consider highly probable thread.

I've been on ATS for years saying we are in a Cold War with China involving new generation weapons that are highly deniable. Among those is Ionosphere heaters, both land and Satellite based.

Our largest was recently disabled:

On Monday, August 10 [2020], an auxiliary cable that was designed to last another 15 to 20 years suddenly broke and crashed into the radio telescope's reflector panels, tearing a 100-foot gash in the main dish.

link

Constructed in 1963, the Arecibo Observatory was the world's largest telescope of its kind. Its reign as the biggest only ended in 2016 when China built the FAST radio telescope. Arecibo has a 1,000-foot long dish that spans over 20 acres in the municipality of Arecibo in Puerto Rico.

link

What is an Ionosphere heater? It's a device capable of altering wind patterns, per it's patent:

Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns

link

Most have heard about HAARP in Alaska, but few new we had an even more powerful one in the Caribbean.

Breakall explained. “This Cassegrain screen will then reflect energy back down to the 1000 foot dish and beam an effective radiated power of hundreds of megawatts up to the ionosphere to modify it.” ... “Arecibo has a big advantage over HAARP in that the same 1000 foot dish can be used for diagnostics with the 430 MHz incoherent scatter radar that can measure things such as temperature, density, winds, etc, as they are modified. HAARP has nothing like this.”

I postulate that this has been our defense against China's Ionosphere heaters. It is suddenly, surprising taken out just as the worst hurricane season in years is warming up?

Atlantic hurricane season on pace to be one of the worst in recorded history

link

I'm sure other ATS suspicious minds would have alarm bells ringing in their brain.

I just purchased a sailboat in Florida so I'm watching all these storms very carefully and I've noticed they keep getting ripped apart and weakened by wind shear. This has happened to two of the last three hurricanes so far, this from just a couple hours ago:

7AM: Tropical Storm Marco weakening, being ripped apart by wind shear

So if Arecibo Observatory is down, how is this happening? Well, we've been investing in taking this technology mobile to Satellites and Hypersonic vehicles.

In 2025, General Kelley continued, “most major battles” between nations or coalitions of nations “may not be to capture territory, and they may not be fought on the Earth’s surface.” Instead, conflicts between technologically adept entities might occur entirely or chiefly “in space or cyberspace.” According to General Kelley, the Air Force will probably develop manned and unmanned transatmospheric and hypersonic vehicles “with multiple functions.” High-power lasers employed both within and outside the atmosphere will increasingly become a “weapon of choice.”

link

You mean control the weather? Yes:

A Spacebased High-Energy Laser System is seen as a multimegawatt chemical laser that can zap ground, air, or space targets. At lower power settings, it could disable enemy optics, perform passive sensing missions, actively illuminate a target with a laser, or even modify the weather. Between fifteen and twenty such satellites could provide global coverage.

ibed

So now we have systems both on the ground, in the air, and in space all with this capability.

But this is all a conspiracy theory, as I cannot prove it other than these and more suggestive links.

edit on 24-8-2020 by pianopraze because: edit link

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We have the ability to manipulate the weather of this I have no doubt.

And there is certainly an unseen cold war going on in cyber space , and there is a space race of sorts which is disappointing really because I was hoping that space exploration would be the catharsis that united us as a species .

What we need is a good battle with an Alien species , that would unite us.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

What we need is a good battle with an Alien species , that would unite us.

Unite us under one world government, maybe.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Most have heard about HAARP in Alaska, but few new we had an even more powerful one in the Caribbean.

No.

Your source:

“There are three crossed-dipoles for 5.1 MHz and another three for 8.175 MHz, forming an array that will beam energy up to a net mesh reflector that will hang from the three big towers,” Breakall explained. “This Cassegrain screen will then reflect energy back down to the 1000 foot dish and beam an effective radiated power of hundreds of megawatts up to the ionosphere to modify it.” Each dipole is fed from a 100 kW transmitter, yielding a total transmitted power of 600 kW.
600kW. HAARP can produce 3.6 mW. The HAARP heater is 6 times as powerful as that at Arecibo.

You have confused the diagnostic radar used to analyze the effects on the ionosphere with the heater itself.

Arecibo has a big advantage over HAARP in that the same 1000 foot dish can be used for diagnostics with the 430 MHz incoherent scatter radar that can measure things such as temperature, density, winds, etc, as they are modified.
Arecibo has a much bigger "ear" than HAARP, yes. It has that advantage, it can discern much finer details of the ionosphere. But its heater is nowhere near as powerful.
www.arrl.org...

Also from your source:

Breakall said he does not anticipate that the new Arecibo ionospheric research facility will attract the same degree of controversy that HAARP did over its history, but conceded that it’s possible.

“All of the conspiracy stuff about HAARP really is not true, and I am sure Arecibo could get some of the same conspiracy [talk], and I think some of it maybe has started already,” he said.
Never underestimate the power of ignorance.

edit on 8/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

So now we have systems both on the ground, in the air, and in space all with this capability.

No, not really. Neither HAARP or Arecibo can affect weather.
Your source:

Dec. 1, 1996

It was a speculative exercise.

This report contains fictional representations of future situations/scenarios. Any similarities to real people or events, other than those specifically cited, are unintentional and are for purposes of illustration only

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Chapter 6 is fun, "The Alternative Futures"
edit on 8/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Wow, the pseudo science people keep coming out of the woodwork about HAARP.
They just do not have a clue. I wonder how it feels to be so scientifically ignorant.

new topics

top topics

join