It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homemade Garlic Knots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
The little freaks take a couple of bites and then realize they still don't like them and discard them in plain sight, don't they?

That's pretty much what's happening. I've now caught 14 in the past three days.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

DUDE. THANK YOU!

When u get a chance can you post the Samoan Coconut rolls recipe?? Been chasing that one for a while

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

No problem! I'll hunt down that recipe I used and post it here.
(Found it!)
www.samoafood.com...
let me know if for some reason you can't follow the link and I'll post the information here.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I'll hunt down that recipe I used and post it here.

You do that dude bro my main man.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That looks really good, Zos, and it's a simple ingredient list, too.

I'd still end up with hard little weapons, though. I had a streak of luck with bread loaves....last year. Everything since has been either a brick, or a hockey puck, at the end of it.

I know folks say the rise timing is key, followed by not over-kneading, but damn, I just can't swing it because it NEVER turns out right, aside from strokes of luck that turn into streaks. I never do anything different, I don't alter the recipes or anything, I just SUCK at cooking & baking in general.

I can occasionally make a damn good soup, last night's improvised beef pot pie stew turned out ok (was salvaging a pan of soupy boxed mashed potatoes, kid ruined it this time, not me)

After it sat overnight. The flavors came together 12 hours later, after everyone grimaced and spooned it in the pieholes.

Actually, I'm pretty positive my cooking is so bad that Aug would not only spit it out on the floor and make me eat it before any stray dog could, AND beat me mercilessly for the grievous offense XD

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

Sounds good
I just opened a jar of marinara I had in the fridge (don't let Augustus see this--pretty sure that a mortal sin in Italy) and microwaved it for dipping. It was great!

Haha, I refuse to buy any kind of Italian sauce in a jar, and marinara is so easy to make.

My very basic recipe is here.

For chunkier marinara, use diced tomatoes, for smother sauce a tomato sauce or crushed. Fresh basil, if available.
Sometimes I'll add diced onion, and sometimes sub tomato juice for the water if I have it. Maybe a little bit of sugar. Little bit of cooking sherry or wine...

But I'd love to hear an authentic recipe, such as AM's...

And I bought all the stuff to make a veggie lasagna (squash, zucchini, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots), but have yet to do so. :/
edit on 28-7-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I use whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes that I crush by hand. I pretend it's people's dreams and squash the ever living hell out of them.

edit on 28-7-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I use whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes that I crush by hand. I pretend it's people's dreams and squash the ever living hell out of them.

I'd have to go to the farmer's market to get those off season, or use them canned. But I have two San Marzano plants I've been harvesting from for a few weeks now. About to start canning.

I crush so many people's dreams I'm tired by the time I get around to crushing tomatoes. But I could crush them like the necks of a few....I mean, nevermind.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
I'd have to go to the farmer's market to get those off season, or use them canned. But I have two San Marzano plants I've been harvesting from for a few weeks now. About to start canning.

Canned works fine and you can use either the imported Italian ones or from California.

If you're going to use fresh you either can parboil them, peel and then deseed and then cook or you can deseed them and the grate on a box grater until only the skin is left. I always use the juice that comes off of them as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Kroger carries Cento.

Usually I parboil, since they're easier to skin, and when I can I rarely deseed, just skin them. Time consuming and a big #n mess, though.

Definitely a lot of excess juice when canning, trying to get more flesh packed in and less juice.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Usually I parboil, since they're easier to skin, and when I can I rarely deseed, just skin them. Time consuming and a big #n mess, though.

Squeeze them over a strainer set in a bowl or run them through a food mill.

I'll make an Italian out of you eventually.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love garlic knots! Going to have to try and make these.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join