It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Tyranny and the End of Self-ID

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Be careful, maybe JK Rowling is watching.

Oh my my my... Just imagine if she were and actually posted on here!

Seriously, I've never read any of her Harry Potter books or seen any of the Harry Potter movies, but she's one very strong and brave lady, and I sure appreciate her style!

That's on rich lady they'll never be able to cancel cause the kids like her

Ugh. No, they won't... In fact, I think I read this morning or yesterday morning that her books are selling more than ever. I'm going to attribute that more to the Corona lockdowns than the transgender brouhaha though.

Generally speaking, however, I see more and more people speaking out against this ridiculous cancel culture. One article made me chuckle because it was all about how the cancelled have joined forces and found their own platforms. They really cannot shut anyone up... they just go elsewhere... and shutting out other voices eventually leaves them with a very boring echo chamber!

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You know that woman has so much money she doesn’t have to worry about anything. On Amazon alone, she gets 10,000 reviews of her books. So imagine the sales!
They cant cancel her, she’s too big.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

You know that woman has so much money she doesn’t have to worry about anything. On Amazon alone, she gets 10,000 reviews of her books. So imagine the sales!

It would certainly explain her fearlessness in wading into the muck. After the first go-round, she certainly knew what she was getting herself into. After her explanation of why she's concerned about Self-ID, including her previous abuse at the hands of her husband, and being raped, I was actually pretty surprised at the continued pile on. And, of course, the absolute vileness of much of it. It seemed that her confessions only infuriated them more, and she deserved even greater abuse.

If she's untouchable, that would only infuriate them more. It's sad, but apparently true.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I just saw this... her publisher has now been forced to take a stand:

JK Rowling and the publisher's staff revolt: Workers at publishing house Hachette threaten to down tools on her new children's book because of her 'transphobic' views

In my opinion, as a publisher, they've taken the correct position.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

It would certainly explain her fearlessness in wading into the muck. After the first go-round, she certainly knew what she was getting herself into. After her explanation of why she's concerned about Self-ID, including her previous abuse at the hands of her husband, and being raped, I was actually pretty surprised at the continued pile on. And, of course, the absolute vileness of much of it. It seemed that her confessions only infuriated them more, and she deserved even greater abuse.

If she's untouchable, that would only infuriate them more. It's sad, but apparently true.

You know what it is. It's an age-old story that will exist as long as there are human beings thinking. Happens in politics and religion.

Until we learn to think straight, of course, maybe in a million years from now.

Folks get a philosophy and then create a dogma within their ideas, and they become attached to it almost like a church, cult, or religion. And anyone who doesn’t adhere to that dogma 100 percent is an infidel, heathen or in this case, what they call a Terf

TERF is an acronym for trans-exclusionary radical feminist.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Well, good luck to her. Though with her sales she doesn’t need it.

I’m not into canceling folks unless its an egregious sin. I guess these folks think she committed a heinous sin.

And I hope the LGBT folks get all the rights they want but chill on imposing their dogma on others.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Folks get a philosophy and then create a dogma within their ideas, and they become attached to it almost like a church, cult, or religion. And anyone who doesn’t adhere to that dogma 100 percent is an infidel, heathen or in this case, what they call a Terf

Yes! This is a perfect description of this kind of mindset. And way beyond this discussion. It can be almost anything -- even video games for the serious gamers.

I’m not into canceling folks unless its an egregious sin.

With a truly egregious sin, they get cancelled by natural selection -- no need for a cancel culture.

Shutting up anyone just doesn't seem wise to me... I'd rather know who my enemies are and what they're up to. Far more useful and beneficial for me and mine!

<< 1   >>

join