It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FAA's UFO Connection. Does the DoD Research Unidentified Aerial Phenomena? It Probably Does!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
John Greenewald on the secrets in the Black Vault. Is it undeniable that the Department of Defense does research Unidentified Aerial Phenomena via a multi-agency task force currently operating within the Pentagon?

What’s inside the Black Vault and what do UFO/UAP encounters reveal? .......The truth is out there!

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This used to be what Abovetopsecret.com was all about. Now nobody cares about this type of stuff on here, it's turned into a political mud pit site.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
This used to be what Abovetopsecret.com was all about. Now nobody cares about this type of stuff on here, it's turned into a political mud pit site.

I hate how true this statement is.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Why should it be controversial that US military and civilian intelligence agencies are interested in 'UFO reports' from all over the world, but particularly around and inside adversary nations such as Russia and China? Considering that MOST such reports are actually terrestrial-based activities such as secret military aircraft and missile tests, I'd be appalled if such reports were NOT being collected and analyzed.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Considering that MOST such reports are actually terrestrial-based activities such as secret military aircraft and missile tests, I'd be appalled if such reports were NOT being collected and analyzed.

So true.

And so easily misrepresented to sell a far sexier UAP/UFO angle.

For example, I'm sure someone like Luis Elizondo heartily agreed when he was feverishly rummaging through the Pentagon's unclassified "UAV" dustbin of miscellaneous submitted videos down the years.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Thanks. Here's a specific example...

Ground observations of Soviet FOBS warhead tests in 1967:
satobs.org...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

To achieve Mach 3 performance, the B-70 was designed to "ride" its own shock wave, much as a surfer rides an ocean wave.

This plane was being tested starting in 1964 or 1965 and 70,000 feet might be consistent with the shock wave in the photo?

During WW2 the code breakers at Bletchley Park would routinely intercept sensitive German communications concerning information such as Rommel's troop formations and the sailing orders for the Bismarck. They would then send several recon plane missions which were expected to be spotted and assumed to be the information source.
edit on 21-5-2020 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I fully agree. Few now seem interested in this topic. I wonder why? Nowadays it's nothing but political slugfests and that COVID #e that's ruling the roost out here.

Those were the days. There's nothing 'abovetopsecret' in here anymore!

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrionHunterX

I fully agree. Few now seem interested in this topic. I wonder why? Nowadays it's nothing but political slugfests and that COVID #e that's ruling the roost out here.

Those were the days. There's nothing 'abovetopsecret' in here anymore!

It comes and goes, plenty of discussion about the Navy videos released and TTSA.

In my opinion, parts of the govt like the DoD absolutely know what the UFOs are, its their job. All the MISSING UFO photos, doctored log books, and radar information, they have it. Maybe the Navy divers wont give an official storyto Chris Styles on Shag Harbor, but of course some commanding officer got a really detailed report.

If some of them are aliens messing around, what's the DoD suppose to do about it? How does announcing it to the world help? If anything you would have a ton of media/photo seekers agitating them even though they have superior technology.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
You have to remember that "UFO" does not mean little green men accompanied by woo-woo music.

Yes, the Pentagon and the FAA have a handshake program that looks at unidentified aerial phenomena. The reason for the partnership is protection of national security; it's not focused on covering up evidence of other-worldly visitors to this planet. It's protection of US airspace.

The FAA, a federally funded civilian agency, oversees the national network of civilian air control radars, which serves not only to manage and control air traffic--but it also is pretty good at detecting uncontrolled/unidentified airborne objects. In general terms, it expands the DoD/military's airspace sensor apparatus.

And yes, Lou Elizondo worked at AATIP under DIA; the organization's charter was to develop measures for F2T2EA--Find, Fix, Track, Target, Engage, Assess--of hitherto unknown/advanced foreign airborne technologies. Louie is merely taking his dog-and-pony show on the road these days to sell tee shirts to fund that big retirement home. He's not stupid.

The reason for the secrecy in all of this is our own technology and abilities (sources and methods) to detect and counter an adversary's advanced airborne capabilities depends upon the adversary being ignorant of these sources and methods.

Short answer: if the bad guys know how we do it, they will find a way to counter our detection and mitigation of their airborne capabilities and we become vulnerable in a conflict.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Thanks, very interesting!

FAA UFO reports should be reported to … Bigelow (BAASS) according to section 8 of the official FAA guidelines:

Section 8. Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) Reports
9-8-1. GENERAL

a. Persons wanting to report UFO/unexplained phenomena activity should contact a UFO/ unexplained phenomena reporting data collection center, such as Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BAASS) (voice: 1-877-979-7444 or e-mail: [email protected]), the National UFO Reporting Center, etc.

b. If concern is expressed that life or property might be endangered, report the activity to the local law enforcement department.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The reason that's included is because the DoD does not want to waste resources investigating reports of unidentified objects in the sky; they leave it to local law enforcement.

Keep in mind that city/county/state LE has agreements in place with the DoD to bring in federal resources when necessary, i.e., something huge is floating over Floyd Weemer's farm and sucking his cows up with a tractor beam.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
The reason that's included is because the DoD does not want to waste resources investigating reports of unidentified objects in the sky; they leave it to local law enforcement.

Keep in mind that city/county/state LE has agreements in place with the DoD to bring in federal resources when necessary, i.e., something huge is floating over Floyd Weemer's farm and sucking his cows up with a tractor beam.

Yeah, and sending folks out to where a UFO was witnessed is likely to be a waste of time more often than not. The thing is gone. You can get some more statistical data, but other than somebody pointing to the sky and saying, "Yup, that's where it was," and "I know what I saw," there's not much really to see or investigate.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That’s not entirely true.
These NARCAP reports, for instance, show that you can look for patterns in the reported pilot cases.
Patterns such as EM effects of UAPs on the airplane’s instruments, or UAP flight characteristics commonly reported.

Note how these flight characteristics match pretty well with those mentioned by Elizondo.
And pilot misinterpretations do not cause instruments to go haywire.

With BAASS almost gone, maybe the FAA should relay UFO reports to NARCAP from now on. They make their technical analysis reports public, and do not get lost in fringe science.
edit on 28-5-2020 by Guest101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2020 by Guest101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join