It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African nations seems to be managing Corona virus well

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Because there aren't large droves of people flocking to 3rd world countries.
edit on 29-4-2020 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

China has major business ventures that are highly profitable there...
Are you surprised?
Never mind ppl waking up, it’s time for all to open their eyes...
edit on 29-4-2020 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Isn't life expectancy much lower in most of Africa than in either the West or the East? Wouldn't this also mean a much smaller pool of the most susseptible population?

It's probably a variety of factors. Heat and humidity; smaller at risk pool; UV light; lower obesity rate; and widespread use of anti-malarial drugs. Death stalks much of the continent daily in normal times. I do hope Africa catches a break with COVID-19. It's a hard enough place to survive in normal times.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

People in theses countries have lower expectations. They will accept solutions that are "good" because they are somewhat effective and somewhat affordable.

I'm not sure how acceptable a western audience would find them. I don't think that a lot of their medical technology or practices would be allowed in a city like New York (or any other large American city for that matter).

This isn't to say that they are bad or wrong, but people in New York have a higher expectation and would demand a much more expensive solution.

The same people would turn their noses up at a typical African restaurant as well, or a train, or anything.

African solutions are good for Africa because the people there aren't demanding five star solutions 24/7.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

China has major business ventures that are highly profitable there...
Are you surprised?
Never mind ppl waking up, it’s time for all to open their eyes...

As does the US. In fact the US has had massive interests in Africa for far longer. Nigerian oil, for example.

Before It was America it was the British Empire.

In fact China has huge business interests in America as well.

Just because one country has an interest in an area doesn't make it part of some big conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: Graysen

I saw on Worldometers that Equador had 11k new cases on Friday/Saturday and then over the next 3/4 days hardly anything showed up which I thought a little weird.

Ecuador is in South America, not Africa.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Because there aren't large droves of people flocking to 3rd world countries.

And you'd be wrong, lots and lots of tourist, great beaches on the coast, eco tourism, 10 million Chinese expats not counting illegal immigrants, doing illegal stuff.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Trueman
This could be the result of letting experts do their jobs without political interference.

Well... maybe their experts actually have their people's best interests at heart?

You use the word 'experts' as if it is is something static...

What if our 'experts' don't actually have our best interests at heart? Which, in fact, ours don't.

So true. The numerous Medical Dr's and nurses, and they are very numerous, have spoken up and their observations and coupled with the obvious screwup by WHO and CDC tell a story. A story that tells me we are going to have to dissolve them both. They are traitors to mankind and not our saviors by any stretch of your imagination.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jefwane
Depends on the nation, but some are equal with the west, or very close, Rwanda for example went from being from 25 the national average 30 yrs ago to 67 yrs today. Not bad and Africa is very populous with 1.2 Billion Ppl, and with the youngest population on any other continent.

matter of fact the continent is not the basket case it once was, yes it's still the poorest interns of GDP, still have problems with terrorism, but not bad , having some of the fastest growing economise in the world right now.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

The same people would turn their noses up at a typical African restaurant as well, or a train, or anything.
a reply to: AaarghZombies
Well they might, however they can't say there is no other solution than begging the Feds for stuff any individual state can produce.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Africa busted their lies. Imagine the Cabal is going to come up with some spin to say "social distancing worked in Africa" when they did nothing to prevent the spread compared to the lockdown in the US and Europe. Sweden is calling them out big time!!!

The W. H. O. needs a Who song
"we won't get fooled again, NO NO!"
"Cause the banners they all go, in the next war"
"meet the new boss, same as the old Boss"

We are ready to throw this off.

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's interesting too because news has been saying lately the virus is more dangerous to men, and even more dangerous to black men. At least in the USA. You'd think Africa would be worse off.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
YEP, those same one who's job it is to spin a narrative and not tell the real truth if it interferes with the narrative and future of mankind that they are formulating for us against our will. Time to disband the W.H.O. and the CDC. They are criminals.

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Trueman

This could be the result of letting experts do their jobs without political interference.

The same "experts" who were all over television predicting 60,000,000 hospitalizations in the U.S., only a month ago?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
They are too busy TRYING to kill more than half the planet it seems we are discovering once and for all.

originally posted by: queenofswords
According to this NYT article, ten African countries don't even have a single ventilator, and others have just a few to service tens of millions of people.

What has the W.H.O. been doing with the tens of billions of dollars it receives year after year? Also, where is the oversight of the distribution of all this W.H.O. $$$?

And not all African countries want it known how few ventilators they have. For some, this information could have “a lot of political implications,” including criticism of their management of health systems, according to Benjamin Djoudalbaye, head of health diplomacy and communication for the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So are you saying then, that the total deaths per country don't matter? or deaths per million citizens?

How many died in that country from CV19 that stat is the one we need to have.

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: ketsuko

Here is what I am saying. Take the country of Djibouti. Their population is under 1 million. They are reporting 98 cases per 100,000 "but" they have only tested just over 10,000 people.

Do you see the problem with that?

Now think about this. Ethiopia, which has more than 100 million people has tested almost the same amount of people as Djibouti.

I don't believe for a second that it has not spread like wildfire there with over 1.3 billion people. Many countries there barely have the ability to even track the virus or its death toll. South Africa has the highest number of cases and they also have the highest testing rate at tens of thousands a day.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Many African countries have gangsters and thugs in position of authority. Make no mistake they will milk this tit for all it's worth. Africa is now just going into winter and this will play out toward September. I hope people don't start going hungry, because that is a contagion of another, much more serious kind.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
So are you saying then, that the total deaths per country don't matter? or deaths per million citizens?

How many died in that country from CV19 that stat is the one we need to have.

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: ketsuko

Here is what I am saying. Take the country of Djibouti. Their population is under 1 million. They are reporting 98 cases per 100,000 "but" they have only tested just over 10,000 people.

Do you see the problem with that?

Now think about this. Ethiopia, which has more than 100 million people has tested almost the same amount of people as Djibouti.

I don't believe for a second that it has not spread like wildfire there with over 1.3 billion people. Many countries there barely have the ability to even track the virus or its death toll. South Africa has the highest number of cases and they also have the highest testing rate at tens of thousands a day.

I am sure what I said started with "here is what I am saying. You even quoted it.

I don't understand your confusion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join