It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodies star Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Comedian Tim Brooke-Taylor has died at the age of 79 with coronavirus, his agent has confirmed to the BBC.

The entertainer, best known as one third of the popular 1970s show The Goodies, and I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, died on Sunday.

Goodies co-star Bill Oddie called him a "true visual comic and a great friend".

The third member of the trio, Graeme Garden, said he was "terribly saddened by the loss of a dear colleague and close friend of over 50 years".

Goodies star Brooke-Taylor dies with coronavirus.

I grew up watching "The Goodies" and was saddened to here Tim had died from what some are trying to say is an imaginary illness, he was a part of the comedy trio that was The Goodies, he started out at university with Membership of the Footlights where he meet both Garden and Oddie as well as future Monty Python stars John Cleese and Graham Chapman.

I loved this when i was a really small Kurokage

edit on 12-4-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

This is devastating news.

The Goodies were a cherished part of my childhood.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
The Goodies were a cherished part of my childhood.

Gooodieeeees!! Goody goody yum yum ...

edit on 1242020 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Posted earlier

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If I may improve the title; Before he was the "Goodies" star, he was one of the stars of the cult radio programme "I'm Sorry, I'll read that again". His name came near the end of the credits; that is, the last two names on the list, as I heard them, were "Timbruk Taylor and Bilody".

Tim played many characters in the usual "Prune play of the week", but the real classic was his grotesque aristocratic nymphomaniac Lady Constance de Coverlet. We are mourning the death of Lady Constance tonight.

Lady Constance sometimes appeared slightly disguised; she was Hecate, Queen of the witches, in Macbeth. She was Billy Bunter's mother. On one occasion, she was an entire planet on which an expedition had landed.

She appeared as her usual abnormal self in this episode's play, "Murder on the 3.17 to Cleethorpes", complete with bonus jokes at the expense of British Rail.
"Lady Constance, you msut hep u, we're out of control!"
"Oh, this IS my lucky day!"

In the face of the death of Lady Cnstance, what can we do except sing mournfully, for one last time, "the Angus prune tune";
"My name is Angus Prune, and I always lis-
-Ten to "I'm sorry I'll read that again;
My name is Angus Prune, and I never miss
"I'm sorry I'll read that again."
I sit in my bath
And I have a good laugh
'Cos the sig tune is named after me.
My name is Angus Prune
And this is my tune,
It goes I S I R T A
"I'm sorry I'll read that agai...n"

edit on 12-4-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Its been real tough to be a star from yesteryear these days?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I remember watching The Goodies on public TV as a kid, made quite an impression on me along with the Monty Python troupe...safe to say they helped shape my appreciation for the absurd. No excuse to laugh is too trivial to be overlooked. In this day and age especially.
Thanks to all who were part of that.
/sigh

new topics

top topics

join