It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Master Strawman??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Just a random thought after watching a Through the Wormhole doco, which may apply to all sentient conscious humans.

To all deep thinkers who are intellectually honest with themselves heres a question:

"Is ones conscious, a master strawman to your subconscious?"

Whats your thoughts?

edit on 7-4-2020 by Skyfox81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfox81

Guess that depends on what your definition of "strawman" is. . .

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

The typical strawman.

Takes information, twists it and acts/responds to the twisted version, not the actual version.

Bias conscious, but a factual subconscious.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I like this thought experiment. It does make a lot of sense to me on the surface at least.

Of course then you could also bring this concept into other scenarios like individuals who have multiple personality disorder

Cool thought, I don't think I'm much of a philosopher, I'm more of a speculator but thanks for putting this idea out there, it is an intriguing one

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is already proven, at least I think it is, it’s called confabulation, everyone does it, some more than others. reply to: Skyfox81

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
My subconscious is honest and is kind of serious. I guess I try to be like my subconscious wants me to be. I try to communicate with it and it knows way more than I thought I knew. I guess I have been letting it guide me without questioning why I had good luck and things used to go right so much before. I guess some people could consider their subconscious their guardian angel, because subconsciously it guides you away from problems. But people often want to ignore it and express oppositional defiance to the common sense of the subconscious. Then things are constantly going wrong. I try to link with it directly, but it does not work, I have to ask it questions in my head and thoughts come to me.....they are usually right, but way over my head in comprehension, I have spent four hours one time researching what it said only to find it was right, I do not know how I could possibly know a physics question like that. That was something a seasoned physicist would know, learned in the last class of a masters degree.

I have figured out that this reality is not what I was led to believe it was. We are not being told what is really going on. The truth is being held from us, and because of generations of conditioning, we probably would not believe it or call it evil.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Good thoughts, and I think it's alot like that. For me there seems to be a third consciousness, not sure where to put it, maybe collective?

There was a poster almost a year ago that had some interesting things to say about some of these issues, but I have "No Clue" what his name was.

ultimately I don't think any is a straw man to none of them. They are all equal, unfortunately we are conditioned, to identify with one only, which then pushes the others into the darkness, and some think darkness=evil.

These three serve a very important task, which simply put is the process of thesis, antithesis and synthesis.
Unfortunately in our education we are told to identify with the "conscious" part only, we are also taught what the synthesis is and therefore don't really have the ability nor the necessity to think outside that box, if you do you are labeled crazy, if you tell people how you are discussing with voices in your head you're either crazy or possessed, depending on "the ones we trust the most"

a completely new awareness arises when you identify with all and establish a balanced exchange between the three of them.

This new awareness seems alien at first because reality becomes so transcendent and most things we took at face value receive a much deeper meaning, to the point where truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

There seems to be a stream inside the collective consciousness that is very invested in keeping it exactly the way it is. And they will go to great lengt to keep the other parts locked out of you.

Sincerely NC

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Na im talking about something else. Normal people, if thats a thing but you know what i mean.

a reply to: rickymouse

I guess some people could consider their subconscious their guardian angel

I agree, this is where the angel(lawyer left) and the devil (hippy/creative) are sitting on your shoulders whispering their desires into your ear.

a reply to: NoConspiracy

For me there seems to be a third consciousness...

To me this is you. The left and the right side of the brain are totally separate personalities. Each with their own wants and desires. These two connected to your cerebral cortex makes 'you', you.

I dont believe they are all equal due to the corpus callosum surgery. Which seems to eradicate the 'you' and what remains is the left and the right side of the brain which over time one overrules the other. Meaning there can only be one (ruler). lol.

On a side note, how many thought layers are you capable of hearing? Mostly I hear two, my thoughts and a background thought. Once a blue moon i can hear three thought layers and rarely a fourth but when this happens and im aware of it, it disappears from my conscious. Like lucid dreaming.

To me this is my conscious thoughts moving back into my subconscious, meaning there are subconscious thoughts im not aware of leading into the 4th conscious thought like a doppler effect type thing.

But these are abstract concepts which are hard to put in words sometimes.
edit on 9-4-2020 by Skyfox81 because: Because im Awesome.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Take the example of colors. Colors don't exist in objective reality. Rather, the eye "twist" lightwaves from a specific part of the total lightwave spectrum from which colors come from.

The body (and unconscious part of individuals) reacts to external waves, and sensorial bodyparts are filters from which "useless" data are rejected (don't make it to consciousness). These data are "useless" in regards to survival capabilities, hence why we have a restricted lightwave visible spectrum. For too much visual information would only become a distraction, which would hinder survival.

The body is made for survival, so any superfluous data are ignored so that only the important ones reach consciousness for it to take actions based upon important data. The unconscious is build around this mechanic, so that the counscious part take perception for reality. That is because doubt and hesitation can lead to death in crucial time.

After all, you don't survive by questioning the validity of visual observation in regards to objective reality, huh?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

No. I'm a block of frozen dreams with a few parts above and even more below the water. A melting man walking with fire, not a bush on sticks burning in a rage.

That's just the Aesopean in me tho. Same sh!t, different language.

edit on 9-4-2020 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join