It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One curious google earth location

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Please take this with a grain of salt, as it is more of a curiosity then it is a legitimate proof of anything.
I was scrolling through google earth just messing around when I came across this...
If anyone has any information on what this is or any kind of idea what it could be, I'd appreciate it.
It looks like some kind of radar dishs and silos of some kind but what intrigued me was the roadways that led up off to the left seem to lead to what look like hanger doors that lead underground.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Interesting for sure. If you follow the road it ends up at some buildings by the shore. reply to: kiliker30

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
acnnro.ca... reply to: kiliker30
Probably a part of the Canadian network of research operators

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed
acnnro.ca... reply to: kiliker30
Probably a part of the Canadian network of research operators

Interesting. There has to be some kind of paper trail to the construction of this facility if it is a research organization, no?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Cape Kiglapait Short Range Radar Site

North Warning System | The DEWLine

Strategic Air Defense Radars

Cape Kiglapait Short Range Radar Site is a Royal Canadian Air Force Short Range Radar Site located in the Kiglapait Mountains of Labrador, 268 miles north of CFB Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Year built: August 1992
Built by: Royal Canadian Air Force

The facility contains a Short Range AN/FPS-124 doppler airborne target surveillance radar that was installed in August 1992 as part of the North Warning System. The site (LAB-3) also consists of radar towers, communications facility, and storage and tunnel connected buildings for personnel.

en.wikipedia.org...

AN/FPS-124 is a gap filler radar for the North Warning System. The radar is a high-reliability, unattended and easily maintained short-range radar designed to operate in conjunction with the AN/FPS-117 long-range surveillance radars in the upgraded North Warning System. The radars can detect and track small radar cross-section, low flying targets, and are to be particularly effective in detecting cruise missile penetration of US and Canadian airspace.

FPS-124 uses a cylindrical phased-array antenne operating in L-Band that is approximately 12 ft (3.66 m) tall with a diameter of 5 ft (1.25 m). The electronics for the transmitter/controller are located inside the cylindrical assembly. It is cooled by 11 fans, which are the only moving parts in the system. A total of 39 units have been produced.

www.radartutorial.eu...

edit on 4.1.2020 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thanks buddy that's the info I was looking for.
Unfortunately there is no photos of this specific facility anywhere on the internet
I could find. Never the less, very interesting that it's an early warning system.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kiliker30

Fun to have just come across this while browsing! And nice work Murgatroid on the ID of the site!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Yeah, the northern territories are very vast and to have stumbled upon this was a long shot.
Not the first odd thing I've come across on google earth surfing. Just the only one I felt was worth noting.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kiliker30
Please take this with a grain of salt, as it is more of a curiosity then it is a legitimate proof of anything.
I was scrolling through google earth just messing around when I came across this...
If anyone has any information on what this is or any kind of idea what it could be, I'd appreciate it.
It looks like some kind of radar dishs and silos of some kind but what intrigued me was the roadways that led up off to the left seem to lead to what look like hanger doors that lead underground.

The cardinal rule when you post something interesting off Google Earth, etc. is to POST THE COORDINATES!
Rather than having to manually input the coordinates from a picture.
57°08'07"N, 61°28'31"W or 57.135278°, -61.475278°
ETA: looks like a remote comm site, with radomes, helicopter landing pad, etc. I bet there is a Snowcat in what looks like a underground entrance. If you follow the trail down to the coast, there are what appear to be fuel tanks with another helicopter pad.
57.107613°, -61.386539°
edit on 3-4-2020 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join