It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Useless nuisances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Things we could live without : Stuff that clutters our lives every day..... that could be eliminated..... things potentially Dangerous.

Things will never be the same, this is an Epic event, one that will be in the halls of history forever, perhaps one that some nations big or small may never recover from...
Well for starters.... we could lose all the junk mail and be better off for it. Les possibility of contamination.

What's your suggestion ?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The lack of traffic on Chicago highways and expressways during what used to be Rush Hour, is beautiful!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Debt, do away with debt. It gets in my way

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The Democrat Party aka The DNC.

Possibly the FBI...

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
May it be Epic time, this is not related to pandemy, since there has been many since the dawn of humanity or consciousness for the matter, but all about Politic (as in social behaviors/mentalities and rules) rather than politics as rivaling parties and gouvernance.

Pandemies may not be "a new things", as the river is never really the same, pandemies enter in such description and then even us, human as individuals and as societal collectives, enter in the same categories, meaning such events are never really the same and that makes them "a new thing".

I would argue that we asked for it. More specifically, we were waiting for an event as such to happen. People are lazy, we rather wait for something to change things than make those changes themselves.
edit on 3 31 2020 by IgnorantGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The whole world has come to a halt. That is exceedingly important and newsworthy

a reply to: IgnorantGod

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Difference with history is : we have internet and are still in contact with people all around the world while being physically, and locally in a halt. I agree in according importance to such events from psychological and psychosocial perspective, as individual and as a collective.
edit on 3 31 2020 by IgnorantGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

Debt, do away with debt. It gets in my way

I have bad news for you. So far the end result of this pandemic response has been exactly to opposite of reducing, let alone doing away with debt.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Apparently since the local governments have now clearly defined "essentials" and "non-essentials," we can do without ever again being taxed for schools, reading programs as bookstores were considered non-essential, the arts as museums, theaters, and the like were all immediately called non-essential and closed down, sports arenas as sports were instantly deemed non-essential, roughly 2/3rds of state and local employees who's jobs weren't deemed essential enough to warrant them continuing to do those jobs, and, incredibly, a very long list of medical procedures the public picks up part of the bills for as most of them have now been dubbed "elective" and not important enough to be performed during the pandemic making one assume there;s no valid reason to expect tax dollars contribute to them happening when this nonsense is all done.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
The whole world has come to a halt.

"The whole world has been brought to a halt. Let's not be disingenuous and portray that halt as anything other than a forced stop dictated by governments rather than any real market factors, direct external impacts, or drop in demand for goods and services.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It is quiet obvious that in generality, people still need an authority that makes decisions, mostly to avoid any responsability or simply to practice the "not bother about it" stance. If not a God, may it be an institution, or somebody with Godly charisma, and in some sad turn of events, awfully ugly inheritor of some bloodlines.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I think many things are going change.

- People are going to realize they don't need to eat out 3 times a day - 5 plus times a week
- They will realize they probably don't need two high income jobs to live a good life
- A new found appreciatiom for paid sick leave and vacation time; especially in the US
- Our ideas of saving for the future will change after so many have witnessed their 401Ks and stocks plummet or simply don't have the savings to buy two weeks of food in advance or not have a paycheck for a few weeks.
- Hopefully more parents will appreciate actually raising their kids and spending time with them
- Basic freaking hygiene will change
- We've learned you can't depend on the government to know anything or be prepared for anything (some of us already knew this but many are just waking up)
- We will have more people working from home since it has proven fairly successful and is better for mitigation
- More working from home will mean smaller office complexes, less work clothing being purchased, improved telecommunication
- More people are taking time to get healthy during lockdown by exercising and meditating

The world will be forever changed and I think many people are realizing they just don't need the stuff they thought they needed before Covid.

I'm looking on the bright side of how we can come out stronger, healthier, happier and wealthier.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Excellent points! We can do away with a vast majority of government. They clearly aren't essential and aren't at all helpful in a crisis.

Interestingly all the Police have been calling in "sick" and yet we haven't turned into a bunch of murdering rapist looters.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
"The world will be forever changed and I think many people are realizing they just don't need the stuff they thought they needed before Covid."

My lifelong friend is asking for prayers for his Daughter who is treating as an RN in the Bay area. Simply being there with infected people is a sure way to get the virus, and with insufficient gear, they are Doomed. She is only one of legions willingly sacrificing.

So, no..... your right about essential needs changing.

top topics

join