It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a Banana be Used to Make Light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This may be a dumb question but i'll pose this question here on ATS to see what kind of response I get. Bananas have small levels of radioactivity, correct? I'm wondering if one could use the radioactive energy in bananas to generate light....? I'm not sure if light is an effect of radioactivity or vice versa so I'm not even sure if my idea holds any water. What says ATS? I'm sure it's a dumb question but.................is it possible?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

YES, but not in the way you are saying...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Cool. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Of course!

But we make better batteries
( Both in energy and money )

edit on 21-3-2020 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Beans can produce natural gas so I don't see why not.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Bananaretty?
edit on 3/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You can get electricity from a potato and potatoes are cheaper per pound than bananas.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have a rock that I can get a few millivolts out of. According to my multimeter.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I have a rock that I can get a few millivolts out of. According to my multimeter.

I have one that has ions emitted from it. No radioactivity though. I think it is either a meteorite or nodular hemitite, it is all melted on the outside and a magnet sticks to it on the end with the nodule on it. It definitely has gone through a lot of heat, and it is way older than any mining operation that was over here, I found it deep under a hundred+ year old that turned over and pulled up the rock with other indian artifacts that were over two and a half feet under the ground.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Mine is just a regular rock.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A dill pickle, will glow for a few moments if it's in a light socket.

Try it. Get an old lamp, put it in a dark room. Screw a dill pickle into the socket.

Turn the switch on, then plug it in from a safe distance.

It will glow a greenish glow, and then explode.

It has to be a dill pickle. I haven't experimented with other pickles, but I was told it only works with dill pickles.

(We tried this once, while deployed to Saudi Arabia. We got bored... it does work. The lamp will be trashed, and exploded pickle smells really funky...)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
A rare glimpse of humor?!?! See that didn’t hurt much!a reply to: Phage

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

edit on 22/3/2020 by scubagravy because: Retracted a bit of sillyness

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
This may be a dumb question but i'll pose this question here on ATS to see what kind of response I get. Bananas have small levels of radioactivity, correct? I'm wondering if one could use the radioactive energy in bananas to generate light....? I'm not sure if light is an effect of radioactivity or vice versa so I'm not even sure if my idea holds any water. What says ATS? I'm sure it's a dumb question but.................is it possible?

Not from its tiny radioactivity, afaik, but supposedly you can create light from a banana using a microware WARNING: But be aware of the serious fire hazard! You have been warned!. Bananas contain a high amount of potassium, which is a silvery-white metal, the microwaves react with metals, bouncing off and cause arcing. A raw peeled banana in the microwave could create a light show, but the banana will most likely just catch fire and make a real mess or even wreck your microwave.

Source: Why did my banana catch fire?

-MM
edit on 22-3-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Imagine if you had a whole mountain? Or even a whole pyramid......? See what i did....?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

originally posted by: lostbook

Not from its tiny radioactivity, afaik, but supposedly you can create light from a banana using a microware WARNING: But be aware of the serious fire hazard! You have been warned!. Bananas contain a high amount of potassium, which is a silvery-white metal, the microwaves react with metals, bouncing off and cause arcing. A raw peeled banana in the microwave could create a light show, but the banana will most likely just catch fire and make a real mess or even wreck your microwave.

Source: Why did my banana catch fire?

-MM

I have been warned. Now off to get some bananas from th
e store. Lol

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Just because its a regular rock doesn't mean its had a regular life, remember it was just a regular rock that killed goliath.

new topics

top topics

join