It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should I do...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I just got a call from the Social Security Administration from a guy with a pronounced Indian accent. He said I need to clear up a case concerning my money laundering and drug dealing.

Sometimes the money in my pants pockets does get washed, but I didn't know it was a crime. And once I gave a guy some Advil but no $$$ changed hands.

I'm to old to go to the joint.

On a more serious note...how do I stop these incessant robo calls?
edit on 11-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Tell him you'll get back with him as soon as the Nigerian prince sends you your handler's fee.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Easy...get rid of your smartphone and all your social media accounts....inclusing your ATS Membership. 🤣😂😅

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Easy...get rid of your smartphone and all your social media accounts....inclusing your ATS Membership. 🤣😂😅

I haven't "inclused" anything in years. My permit expired back in 05.

I think I'll just call my attorney and let him handle this mess.
edit on 11-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
When you see a sketchy number, answer the phone as your local Sheriff's office...

...they tend to hang up, quite quickly.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I would suggest writing your congressman and requesting he do something about the robo calls that are having dire effects on our elderly citizens.

But then again politicians are only interested in impeachment and other wastes of time instead of actually serving their voter base so don't bother.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Then why bother us?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
When you see a sketchy number, answer the phone as your local Sheriff's office...

...they tend to hang up, quite quickly.

I've gotten several scam calls that spoof my own number. Caller ID says it's me calling myself.

edit on 11-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I just got a call from the Social Security Administration from a guy with a pronounced Indian accent. He said I need to clear up a case concerning my money laundering and drug dealing.

Sometimes the money in my pants pockets does get washed, but I didn't know it was a crime. And once I gave a guy some Advil but no $$$ changed hands.

Tell them you’ve been scammed like this before and now you’ll only send money to countries in West Africa.

Fool me once...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I used to hate getting scam callers,until I decided to have a laugh out of it-now I look forward to them

Try doing this:

Whatever they say to you,repeat it back to them in a silly voice.
See how long you can keep them on the line by doing that-set your own records-if you beat your last record,free shot/smoke for you!
or
If you speak a foriegn language,talk in that langauge only.
or
Hold your phone next to a TV/Radio loudspeaker,and dose them with feedback-remember they likley have headphones on,so that will be annoying at the very least.
or
Get a voice changer app on your phone,set it to robotic voice and pretend to be from the Delhi/Lagos cyber crime unit,say"Your voice print and location has been recorded for criminal prosecution."
or
Just make wheezing/zombie noises.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Federal Government will not call you. With out a doubt, it’s a scam.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We get calls every couple of days.
Apparently the Canada Revenue Agency now accepts ITunes and Google play cards haha

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Usually a "who are you wishing to speak to" does it. They have no idea.

Or if you have time, play along with them awhile, talk in circles until they get frustrated and start swearing.
edit on 11-3-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
For the phone call, I’ve done one thing that seems to work, everytime!
Same deal, Indian accent on behalf of the IRS in my case.
A little unethical, maybe illegal.
Make sure it is not legit!

Answer the call, when they ask if they are speaking w/ (fill in name), don’t answer, but take charge.
Are you an employee of SSA? (Or IRS in my case)
They won’t answer yes (usually).

They will ask again, if they are speaking w/ (your name).

Respond w/ something like:
Whether I am I (your name) is not some I will answer, however I will to tell you that I am a federal law enforcement officer, and you are calling on my work phone.

Continue w/ that tone, they will hang up quickly.

Then, call them right back, saying something like, I was just called, and I’m looking to pursue this further, etc.

They will hang up, and remove you from their list, as well as other lists of their associates.

It worked in my case, at least.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You can't. The usa government tried to pass a bill that would put robo callers in jail but in the end it got gutted and all they get is a fine. they don't care about fines.

Try turning off your number and getting it put in someone else name. like a child. Someone who has no debt and is not in the system.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I got the same call.

I started crying and told the person I was turning myself in.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

A friend of mine says this when they call. " Can you please stay on the line so that I can trace this call." or tell them that your recording the conversation so you can talk with your lawyer about it.

they hang up every time.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

My grandmother has Alzheimer and she would answer every call that came in. I caught her giving out her credit card numbers. I immediately canceled the cards. Another time she got off the phone and started crying the IRS was gonna take her to jail. I had to disconnect the land line. The phone would ring every 10 minutes.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I know how. I get my friends off the hook all the time but since you are so nice I will let you guess so you have a blast figuring it out.

Did you get any calls today?

Are you going to IRS jail now? Do they call when youre driving or about to use your phone?

edit on 26-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join