It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT: Coronavirus is AIRBORNE and washing your hands will not protect you

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

If someone infected with the Coronavirus sneazed as long ago as 9 days before you enter into a room, you could still be infected, 22 studies shows:

In fact, not a lot is known about the COVID-19 virus at all, so researchers are turning to similar coronaviruses, like SARS and MERS, for answers. Reviewing the literature on all available human and veterinary viruses within this family, encompassing 22 studies, researchers have found that the human pathogens can persist on surfaces and remain infectious at room temperature for up to nine days.

Source: www.sciencealert.com...

As your quote says, it could last for 9 days on surfaces. Therefore (contrary to your thread title) washing my hands CAN protect me.

If I touch a surface that was sneezed on up to 9 days ago, it's best that I wash my hands to help prevent me from contracting the virus from transferring the virus from that surface to my mouth (for example) after touching that surface.

edit on 2020/3/9 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

It is a fact that corona virus is airborne, but you saying washing your hands wont protect you is absurd.

Unless the virus lands in your mouth when someone sneezes or coughs the only other way you are getting it is by touch and then rubbing your lips or eyes. You dont get it from someone breathing beside you or being there it wont just jump out of their mouth and onto you. Basic hygene rules apply, cough and sneeze into your shirt sleeve and thats that, its not an irborne pathogen that hangs in the air after.

You should have titled your article something along the lines "corona virus is airborne you need to do more than just wash your hands"

On to the next point? What is your expected outcome with this argument? That hand washing is useless? Its a fact that it helps prevent spreading of viruses, germs, etc. Are you just trying to get a rise out of people or do you really not know how basic higene works or what?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
What an IDIOTIC title for this thread.

Can moderator change the title, remove the word FACT?

Consider the time we are living in, and what such false and misleading scaremongering does to many people who are already nervous and in the verge of panic.

Sites as big as ATS should be on top of this, and helping to spread VERIFIED FACTUAL INFORMATION, not someone's misunderstandings.

Very simply, if it was airborne, we'd all be well and truly stuffed right now.
Society would have broken down as it would have been uncontrollable.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join