It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Is Covid-19 more transmissible than we think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hello again, friends!

I posit the question for many reasons. This will be a relatively quick post with no links; simply, it will be my observations and ponderings of what could be happening...

I've gotten "sick" now twice this year. I dont get sick. I'm a 34 y/o Male who has been blessed with a nice immune system. Symptoms have been mild and I've been able to sleep it off both times....except this one is lingering. It's more of a head cold.

The thing is, I work in bar/restaurant/venue spaces with lots of people in and out. And I also uber almost every day. I've noticed more people with mild symptoms of an infection that are middle-aged and/or relatively healthy.

So, to the real question....

Could this be spreading quicker than we really know because it can be asymptomatic and, when symptoms do arise in healthy people, they seem like a common cold/flu?

How many people, like me, could be just walking around with a virus without knowing and spreading it. If it is transmissible in asymptomatic people, do we really know the answer?

I don't really have much concern unless a quickly transmissible pathogen goes through multiple mutations and does a Spanish Flu thing. Epstien-Barr virus causes Mono. Most of us have the virus and spread it with ease. But we also develop immunities after adolescence.

This is me thinking into a forum I care about and would love yo hear feedback from!

-Cheers

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DevolutionEvolvd

I had a few dranks. Whoops!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
well....back when we used to see the acro.....TEOTWAWKI....so, my take is the Scriptural one

we wont have to wait long to see about my take huh!!

if we see some kind of war in Spring....ok....Mar 22

or April 3.....war involving Russia and Iran going after Israel due to a HOOK IN IT"S JAW...guess what my bro's....Russia needs oil to be 120 a barrel....it just fell to 45 guess what....the oil in Israel.....and nat gas

edit on 5-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I'm so confused....

I appreciate you posting, but I dont really see how that's relevant to the topic
edit on 5-3-2020 by DevolutionEvolvd because: Still very confused

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
it's my mislings...sorry

Scripture has Rev and line 1 of Rev....REVELATION 1 dash 1....

v
from Jesus to John to reveal what the Father has shown the Son what will happen to His people in the end times verse one.....so follow me

Jesus said no one knows the day, then He died. Then He went to sit at the right hand. Then Jesus sends this message by arch Angel to John to write this down.......

so, its all in Revelation....and scripture

God says in Scripture it is His delight to hide a thing.......

and the duty of Kings to search it out.......

reply to: DevolutionEvolvd

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

That's great and all but I've yet to see what the hell this has to do with the topic.

In any case, at least someone is engaging

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is my favourite kung flu thread.
Question,
Which bear is best?
Get better soon bud, this aint no Spanish flu.
edit on 5-3-2020 by Tim2win because: being an arse

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DevolutionEvolvd

Could this be spreading quicker than we really know because it can be asymptomatic and, when symptoms do arise in healthy people, they seem like a common cold/flu?

How many people, like me, could be just walking around with a virus without knowing and spreading it. If it is transmissible in asymptomatic people, do we really know the answer?

I think the easy answer is that we really don't know the answer.
In some part of the world they did start systematic testing and found people with the virus without symptoms, who are indeed spreaders without being sick themselves. There are no exact numbers since that would require some serious testing and there aren't even enough testkits for those who are sick. Labs are working around the clock already.
Our own minister of health said earlier this week that right now the main rule is: when you are sick, even if it just seems like the sniffles, stay home. When someone visits your house and that person seems to have a common cold, throw him out of your house!

It's the same with the common flu, even when you don't feel sick, you can still be a carrier.
In my house everyone gets sick with the flu every year, except me. That doesn't mean I don't carry the virus in me, just that it doesn't make me sick.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
i know....i'll spell it out in this thread too....
its a marker activated by 5G....

it's not really a pathogen.....thus the modern biblical evil story has come to real.....Scripture mentions pandemic pests.

sorry i missling when i post...

originally posted by: DevolutionEvolvd

That's great and all but I've yet to see what the hell this has to do with the topic.

In any case, at least someone is engaging

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
On a more serious note,
A man who died on Feb 14 was conirmed to have covid-19 where I live. This is before the supposed first case here.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win
On a more serious note,
A man who died on Feb 14 was confirmed to have covid-19 where I live. This is before the supposed first case here.

I'm pretty sure anything is still on the table., however, I've read where it's unlikely it's man-made, there are two strains 70% were hit early by a more virulent strain than the remaining 30% were infected by. Have links elsewhere on this. The more virulent strain seems to be diminishing since mid to late January in Hubei and elsewhere in China.

We got a case in my county my work building is sending emails about new protocols hand wipes everywhere in the building along with hand sanitizers in elevators etc. It's going to be here a while till it burns itself out or hopefully warm weather makes it less communicable.

As for is it more communicable than we know. The long answer is likely yes, we only have a certain amount of testing kits at some point you just have to assume if you have the symptoms you have it, and as the OP stated its mild symptoms in a lot of the population it will likely add to its spread.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Just me being a dumbass.

But are you asking that I think it is different then I think it is?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Absolutely! In Fact, that's highly likely. It happened with the "Spanish Flu" which first flared up, went 'dormant' for about 6mths and then came back with a vengeance

Forget the FACT the most new cases are seemingly in Iran!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I have watch a few pathologists on youtube and they are thinking this thing has a R0 of up to 7. That means that one person could possibly infect 7 people. Much high than the flu.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Additional citizens will contract coronavirus because Nancy Pelosi withheld the eight billion dollars until after the Super Tuesday Democratic primaries.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Now two confirmed here in Colorado. I dont think it's that virulent. But I do have a feeling way more people have it than are being reported considering its mild effects on healthy/young people now.

new topics

top topics

join