It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's soccer puts a price on gender discrimination: $66M

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I see this is about the soccer team but if I may divert off topic with soccer.

Maybe this equality thing has just about peaked. I say equality for all and no gender specifics. Cave in to the wishes. Like in the Olympics inclusive of Winter Olympics. No more mens/womens events. Just perhaps, the"100 meters." Swimming, Athletics, team sports etc regardless of man/woman you have to qualify. It's not Men V Ladies, it's who is the best. That's the equality.

So, if more people watch men's events now and endorse the performance perhaps the women need to man up and compete with the men on an equal status in all aspects of competitive sport. Boxing per say.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 21-2-2020 by bally001 because: comprehension

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

As pointed out earlier....there would be no professional women athletes.

Bowling maybe..
NASCAR...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Bowling maybe..
NASCAR...

Yes I noted that. It's true. I guess my point was equality. You want same pay and equal terms then play on a level field and/or for FS stop whingeing when you lose.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Men or women making a living from playing sports is kinda crazy. They should be grateful that they make anything.

I get that they create a ton of revenue. It would be crazy if they didn't get paid also.

I'm friends with a lot of pro snowboarders, both men and women, who get paid huge wage differences.

I have a friend who signed a contract recently for a million dollars for four years. He's won snowboarder of the year multiple times. Hence the reason his sponsors pay him more. More people watch him and more people look up to him.

I have friends that are girls who have a huge audience of women snowboarders. They get watched a lot and a lot of women look up to them. They get paid more than a lot of my guy friends because they have done things like win the olympics.

Obviously if you win the olympics as a woman you're going to get paid more than a guy who makes one video part a year and has 100 x less followers.

One thing they all have in common though. They are all super grateful for the opportunity to be a pro snowboarder no matter how much money they get paid. I mean, you're getting paid to do what you love, how are you gonna complain about that?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Bowling maybe..
NASCAR...

I am fairly certain men and women compete equally in equestrian events. I am unaware of any other professional sports that women compete against men.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I wrote it off as soon as I

Unless it's volleyball. And is the Swedish volleyball team. They're hot.

Do they play in the nude?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: M5xaz

I did a lot hands on research as a teen....

I see.

You are a devoted, selfless scientist then...with years of "field work"...admirable...

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: Nyiah

Nyiah,

I am a mid forties male, who played soccer competitively and ran youth clinics. I was taught goalkeeping by Tony Diccico at his academy in the early 1990's.

www.soccerplus.org...

I actually prefer watching the women play, they seem to work harder, and play with an intensity that to me is on another level.

I wish I could say I disagree with you And back this lawsuit .

But I can't. The numbers just aren't there...yet.

The men's team will never be a class above there peers as the woman's U.S. is.. it's a simple fact. Our woman's team PROGRAM is top notch and supported from grass roots park and rec, all the way up the line like no other countries. it is a testament to our national effort to encourage women to excel.

But again the numbers,sadly, don't support the suit.

Also, the few who do make huge endorsement deals..AHEM.. Megan ..cough..Rapenho's.. fail to mention how they profit while lesser known teammates "struggle"..

Respectfully,
~meathead

That, and they were beat by highschool boys.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I have a simple solution, if they claim there should be no difference in genders, remove them in sports. Have one team, men and women both try out, the best people play.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Woman should not even be playing football/soccer or other sports that were and are predominantly for men and they shouldn't be trying to get same amount of pay, its ridiculous. For one, the men have been playing sports since over 2 hundred years to get to where they are today.

I do agree that they do earn way too much though and there should be a pay cap!

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wouldnt watch wamens soccer even if you paid me 66m

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Here we have yet another reason I don’t like soccer. The US women’s team has decided to ignore basic economics and decide their selfishness should result in more money because feelings. I can’t understand why someone doesn’t understand that their salary is based upon the revenue they generate.

I was already down on these women for their selfish, political stunts and poor sportsmanship during their latest World Cup appearance. Playing for your country is a privilege not a right. If you don’t see it that way then don’t play.

These people are terrible ambassadors for their boring sport.

Women on the U.S. national soccer team are asking for $66 million in damages as a result of gender discrimination. U.S. Soccer says the women's team negotiated for different contracts and benefits than the men's team. Trial is set to begin May 5.

Source

August 6, 2023

The "Woke" 2023 Women's Soccer Team Got What They Deserved Today.

Former President/Presidential Candidate DONALD J. TRUMP shares a TRUTH...

HERE: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   

edit on Sat Dec 2 2023 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   

If they are as good as the US Men's team then should be entitled to the same, if they aren't then they shouldn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join