It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US servicemember, contractors dead after terror attack at military base in Kenya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

(Foxnews)-A U.S. servicemember and two American contractors for the Pentagon were killed at the Kenya Defense Force Military Base used by U.S. forces Sunday after a pre-dawn attack by the al-Shabab extremist group, officials said.

In addition, two "Department of Defense members" were wounded but stable and crews evacuated them from the airfield, U.S. Africa Command officials said without elaborating on the injured. They said six contractor-operated civilian aircraft suffered damage in the attack.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Camp Simba I believe is the unofficial name where this took place.

Hard to find much info right now, everyone's pretty tight-lipped at the moment.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If there is sufficient intel, of an indirect Iran sanction attack, take the head of the newly appointed Iranian commander

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So right now it sounds like a car bomb was used in the attack. A u.s. owned Cessna and a Kenyan owned Cessna as well as two helicopters were damaged/destroyed.

Small arms fire as well as a plume of black smoke were reported as well.

Many conflicting reports at this time.

Four deceased bad guys, five bad guys arrested and detained for questioning.

Article below.
www.voanews.com/africa/al-shabab-attacks-military-base-used-us -forces-kenya
edit on 5-1-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Ah, the serenity....

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

1 U.S. Serviceperson, 2 DoD Contractors Dead, 6 Planes Struck, Including Rare Spy Plane, in Kenya Attack.
The base in Kenya is an important part of the American campaign against terrorists in neighboring Somalia.

The Warzone

This U.S.-government owned, but contractor-operated Dash-8, a DHC-8-202 model, belongs to a secretive fleet of U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft known as SOCOM Tactical Airborne Multi-Sensor Platforms, or STAMP, which The War Zone was first to report on. These aircraft are known to support shadowy Joint Special Operations Command.

WTH is Camp Simba? 👇

Pentagon's Shadowy Network Of Bases In Africa

Left side menu scroll to bottom, click on Camp Simba.

More pics: twitter.com...

edit on 5-1-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

you're kinda #e eh.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Ah, the serenity....

Serenity now......
Insanity later.

I hope you enjoy your insanity that is coming.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I doubt it was anything Iranian related. Arent Sunni and Shia a special kind of enemy, despite sharing us as their #1 enemy?

Then again, you don't see Sunni and Shia in open war among most common people in the Islamic World. I'm sure they goto the same public places in Baghdad and are at shops or social places at the same time. Probably even make friends with each other to some extent.

I'm not sure how the extremists groups treat it though. Someone like Al-Shabaab doesn't seem as fundamentally religious as ISIS for example. Al-Qaeda didn't even seem as fundamentalist as ISIS but moreso than Al-Shabaab. Hezbollah in Lebanon is never in open conflict with any Sunni groups. Hezbollah and the PLO,Hamas, or Islamic Jihad never make statements or threats against each other. I honestly have no clue if they work with each other on any level, or more importantly with their backers like Iran or sources of funding from Arab countries.

Would Al-Shabaab have open channels with Iran?
edit on 5-1-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Why am i not suprised this happed.
with what they allready have plan'd for monday.
they just needed This to validate IT!.
its going to be bad.

I think they have some think big on trump.
they now control trump.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Sufficient evidence from what intelligence community? The one Trump keeps telling us is corrupt. I can't believe anything that comes from our intelligence community. Trump told me not too.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

It's their own damn fault making a deal with the devil. The lesson here is don't take contract work in Kenya!

America is just is way too many countries.

edit on 5-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Happens frequently.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Find who did it, and vaporize their stronghold or headquarters.

If it’s retaliation from Iran, they will be screaming it from the rooftops.

Whoever lays claim, MOAB their favorite 100 acres. Then multiply x2 every time they do it again.
And leave the A hole leader in place to suffer the consequences after being told.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What would Somalia do if we hit Al-Shabaab with some precision strikes without their permission? Why don't we do it?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Please use existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed

new topics

top topics

join