It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look out Willy Wonka, I made home made marshmallows

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Cheesecake is savory, and at the country club I work on the side at from time to time... They put butterfingers through a food processor and make butterfingers cheese cake.

I don't really care for the texture of butterfingers since it gets stuck in my teeth, but it melts when they make the cheesecake... And you're left with a super rich and decadent result.

I actually have a recipe for a candy bar cheesecake. I think it's heath, but obviously butterfinger could be substituted. Since I rarely eat sweets, the few times a few I bake a cheesecake a plain cheesecake is requested so that's what I bake, even though I always add a ganache on top.

My mistake, it's a "Christmas Cheesecake with English toffee filling," using heath bars, which I have never made. I'm sure butterfinger would also be divine.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Those marshmallows look so great! It's good to see someone else making candy. It's not as easy as other types of recipes.

Regarding marshmallows, I don't know, tho. If I'm going to make candy, I can think of three right off the top of my head that would have to be made long before I'd get around to a batch of marshmallows: fudge, divinity and pralines.

However, if you want to donate festive marshmallows to a good cause.....

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I busted our Elf enjoying marshmallows the other day, lol

I have no idea of the picture will upload the right way up, either my phone or the forum is messing with me

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You guys are making me hungry for shortbread, marshmallows, key lime pie, cheesecake , chocolate, and brittle!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You may also like this recipe from New York State

Buffalo Sponge Candy

I am so excited to finally have a recipe for sponge candy to share with you! I have been testing out recipes and techniques for months now. I have had many failed batches and have spent quite a bit of time scrubbing scorched sugar out of pans. I am a total newb to candy making, and I tried at least 4 different recipes twice before I found one I was happy to share with you. But, before we jump into the recipe and all that fun candy making stuff, let’s talk about Sponge Candy. If you are from Upstate New York, particularly the Buffalo Region, there is probably no explanation needed. This sweet Buffalo treat has been expertly crafted by longtime confectioners such as Watson’s, Fowler’s, Alethea’s, and Parkside, While many confectioners make and sell sponge candy, this popular confection can also be found in the bulk foods section of Wegmans. These chocolates have a light-as-air crispy “sponge” of aerated toffee, you can find dark chocolate and milk chocolate sponge candy. If you have never had sponge candy, maybe you just know it by another name. The crispy “sponge” interior is not exclusive to our part of the country, in fact, it is known by a wide variety of names in different regions.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join