It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Balls of Fire!: New Top Gun 2 (Maverick) Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I don't care what anyone thinks, I love Top Gun. Top Gun 2 has been rumored for years and it's finally here. Here is the new trailer with some more footage. Val Kilmer is supposed to be reprising his role as Ice Man but he does not make an appearance in this trailer. Probably just a small cameo.

It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!

edit on 16-12-2019 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
I don't care what anyone thinks, I love Top Gun. Top Gun 2 has been rumored for years and it's finally here. Here is the new trailer with some more footage. Val Kilmer is supposed to be reprising his role as Ice Man but he does not make an appearance in this trailer. Probably just a small cameo.

It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!

I feel the need, the need to run away very fast.. Oo

As long as tom scamtology cruise isn't in it, perhaps a perusal on flixify...

perhaps..

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I was never a fan of the original movie.
My girlfriend at the time was pissed at me when I was laughing at the combat footage.
I told her those guys would be doing everything they can to avoid passing out.
She didn't care...cuz pretty boys...

Oh well... The movie was a big hit.
To each there own.
Can't say I'll be watching this one though.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Ok.

It's action movie entertainment, not a documentary.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

My dad used to work for McDonnell Douglas and he was very into the first Top Gun. I've seen that movie soooooooo many times, whether I wanted to or not, so I will most definitely skip this one. I will be curious if it's a dud, or if it will actually be a classic like the original.

I think I'll stick with Hot Shots. lol

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

It's 2019.

A banana taped to a wall is considered art....

Greta is person of the year........

Black panther got nominated for a best picture Oscar......

Apparently my idea of what's entertaining and original is different that many other people..

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Ok.

It's action movie entertainment, not a documentary.

Exactly. The first one was fun because of the amount of memorable lines and action sequences, not because of its historical accuracy in recounting the great air battle somewhere over the Indian Ocean.

I’m with you on this one, I can’t wait for this to finally arrive

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Are they fighting "tic tacs" this time??

That would be an interesting movie.

Maybe next time...

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
OK, so how are the force is female types going to ruin it?

Is Hollywood capable of making normal movies without gender-swapping every character?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Just saw the trailer. I am excited for this one. Curious who dies this time..."Facing an uncertain future and confronting the ghosts of his past, Maverick is drawn into a confrontation with his own deepest fears, culminating in a mission that demands the ultimate sacrifice from those who will be chosen to fly it." - From WikiPedia

Wonder what that craft at the end is?? It looks like the renderings of the SR72...

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Hahaha, I saw that one first and I never liked the original after that. Big thank you for the trailer, that one was missing on the video cassette my friend had

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavrecon22
Just saw the trailer. I am excited for this one. Curious who dies this time..."Facing an uncertain future and confronting the ghosts of his past, Maverick is drawn into a confrontation with his own deepest fears, culminating in a mission that demands the ultimate sacrifice from those who will be chosen to fly it." - From WikiPedia

Wonder what that craft at the end is?? It looks like the renderings of the SR72...

I'm guessing Maverick will probably sacrifice himself. Take down 2-3 enemies on his way out just like his father.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I forgot about that!

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Is Hollywood capable of making normal movies without gender-swapping every character?

Unlike where you have a 100lb female actor knocking out a storm trooper with a police baton, female fighter pilots are an actual thing and the aircraft they fly are no less deadly. Pretty hot too in those flight suits too

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Did the USAF boot the female pilots or something? If so, I can't believe I missed that news?

Or are you saying you want Top Gun to stick with JUST dudes in locker rooms and on the beach?

new topics

top topics

join