It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've hit rock bottom.......

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Read through a lot of the comments on this thread. Seems like a lot of drunks. Some encouraging you, some former drinkers.

You seem to be posting this as if drinking the way you do is a joke to you. You know it's bad but don't seem to care.

All I can say is no one can fix that attitude for you. Well, actually maybe someone can. There are things that can happen to you in life that can shake you up so bad they'll make you go sober. I've seen it happen. Being a constant drunk is a good way to get into a lot of trouble.

You lose your inhibitions, you will eventually start getting blackouts. A true drunkard who drinks all the time will eventually wear away their tolerance to alcohol. When you've past that point you'll know it because of the blackouts, lower ability to remain sober etc.

I hope you turn around and think about it. It's not a joke or a game. It'll destroy your life and the life of those around you, and if you're stupid enough the life of strangers you may run across.

Haven't seen you post in awhile so I don't know how you're doing. I hope you didn't drink yourself into something too serious.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I'm a long time lurker here on ATS and decided to join up because of your thread.
I read a ton of replies on this and decided it was time to say something.
First off rock bottom has many forms. Everyone is different. Full disclosure an alcoholic myself I've hit bottom many times over 25 years, and I'll spare you the gory details of 2 rehab facilities, one divorce, and suicide attempts. I've had years of sobriety and pissed it away many times. Alcoholism is real and not a will power choice (with the exception of the first drink) that you'll hear from people that don't understand.
There was a book written based on straight medical evidence called "under the influence". After 20 years of AA meetings and falling off the wagon this book explained why I do what I do. AA does not work for me. As I do not believe in a higher power 12 step programs have no mental effect. 12 step programs are just that a mental reconditioning.
Two weeks ago started a different approach to alcoholism. With the help of medical doctor's I've started a regimen of taking Baclofen. It's been used for 30 years on removing the compulsion of drinking ( mainly in Europe). It has suppressed my desire to over drink. I went from a fifth a day to 5 drinks a day within 2 weeks. Granted 5 drinks a day is still not good but as I continue down this road my desire to drink is fading more and more.
Conspiracy part, yes you be taking pharmaceuticals. Rehabs and 12 step programs are straight money makers so they don't want you to be truly informed. If you think your an alcoholic you probably are, alcohol effects your brain different than most people. It takes over your thought process and requires alcohol to function (read that book it explains it). The moment you take a drink your chemistry changes from brain function to metabolism.
I wish you the best of luck because it sucks. Not to negate AA with my take it does have some benefits of hearing other peoples stories and understanding your not the only one. I've fought this for so long that I'm trying something different.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Which is why I'm trying something different.

edit on 19-1-2020 by Trkysandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I cannot believe this thread's/OP's style of humor went over so many heads for 6 pages. People are indeed dense as hell regardless of good intentions, lmfao.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join