It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Squad Investigating Report of a Possible Small Nuclear Reactor In [...] Garage in Columbus, OH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Now, I know what you're thinking. Nonsense, right? It gets so much better:

UPDATE 3: The man reportedly told bomb squad that he sustained “radio frequency burns” while working on a “quantum physics generator” in his garage, according to Battalion Chief Steve Martin, the Columbus Division of Fire spokesman, speaking to the Columbus Dispatch.

WHAT?! This guy instantly deserves legend status, in my mind. Background:

Emergency crews are currently investigating a report of a possible small nuclear reactor inside a residential garage in Columbus, Ohio, the Columbus Dispatch reports.

Now don't get me wrong. This guy should never have called emergency services, for he knew what he was getting into. On the other hand, this guy is a baller! Living out my childhood fantasies!

I believe it was Philo Farnsworth, inventor of the television, who discovered that a limited fusion reactor can be acheived by directing like-charged particles, emitted at high velocity in a collision course, results in an ill-advised reaction, known as fusion. It throws off all sorts of weird particles, in unpredictable ways. I don't see how a kindred soul, doing similarly ill-advised experiments in his own goddamn garage, need be reported to bomb disposal! What the hell kind of country are we becoming when you can't damn well give yourself leukemia in the pursuit of discovery, I ask you?! This guy is my new personal hero.
edit on 5-12-2019 by Zelun because: my god. it's full of stars

edit on 5-12-2019 by Zelun because: sauce: newsbreakinglive.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
Now, I know what you're thinking. Nonsense, right? It gets so much better:

UPDATE 3: The man reportedly told bomb squad that he sustained “radio frequency burns” while working on a “quantum physics generator” in his garage, according to Battalion Chief Steve Martin, the Columbus Division of Fire spokesman, speaking to the Columbus Dispatch.

WHAT?! This guy instantly deserves legend status, in my mind. Background:

Emergency crews are currently investigating a report of a possible small nuclear reactor inside a residential garage in Columbus, Ohio, the Columbus Dispatch reports.

Now don't get me wrong. This guy should never have called emergency services, for he knew what he was getting into. On the other hand, this guy is a baller! Living out my childhood fantasies!

I believe it was Philo Farnsworth, inventor of the television, who discovered that a limited fusion reactor can be acheived by directing like-charged particles, emitted at high velocity in a collision course, results in an ill-advised reaction, known as fusion. It throws off all sorts of weird particles, in unpredictable ways. I don't see how a kindred soul, doing similarly ill-advised experiments in his own goddamn garage, need be reported to bomb disposal! What the hell kind of country are we becoming when you can't damn well give yourself leukemia in the pursuit of discovery, I ask you?! This guy is my new personal hero.

Have a link to your source???
edit on 12/5/2019 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer
I'm pretty sure a teenage built a rudimentary one many years ago. I'll look. en.wikipedia.org...

A few garage built reactors
www.foxnews.com...

www.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 5-12-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

got ya. edited op

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The guy was a crackpot. Firefighters responded and "it turned out to be nothing.”

No threat found after northwest Columbus Hazmat scare

Responding paramedics didn’t see any physical signs of burns.

The bomb squad evaluated a device in the garage and found no threat. Firefighters then brought in experts on electric and radio devices. They determined it was a ‘collection of things,’ according to Battalion Chief Steve Martin.

“We’re very happy that it turned out to be nothing,” said Martin.

Martin said the man was taken to an area hospital for a mental evaluation. He said he expects inducing panic charges to be filed.

www.nbc4i.com...

LMAO..the guy was a nutjob!

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thats my homie right their. Way to rep Cbus, and O-H!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

I would have bet good money that the first homemade nuclear reactor would have been found in Florida in some redneck's double-wide next to two empty 12-packs.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Michio Kaku said he built an accelerator in his garage as a kid.

Gotta love that guy, lol.
edit on 12/5/2019 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"Battalion Chief Steve Martin further remarked 'crazy is subjective. Today's science fiction is tomorrows history. Children should wonder, and adults should reserve comment." He then mounted an apparatus on his head indicating an arrow had penetrated his head, donned a banjo and sang the words:

Now when he was a young man,
He never thought he'd see
People stand in line to see the boy king.
(King Tut) How'd you get so funky?
(Funky Tut) Did you do the monkey?
Born in Arizona,
Moved to Babylonia (King Tut).
(King Tut) Now, if I'd known
They'd line up just to see you,
I'd trade in all my money
And bought me a museum. (King Tut)
Buried with a donkey (Funky Tut)
He's my favorite honky!
Born in Arizona,
Moved to Babylonia (King Tut)
Dancin' by the Nile, (Disco Tut)
The ladies love his style, (Waltzing Tut)
Rockin' for a mile (Rockin' Tut)
He ate a crocodile.
He gave his life for tourism.
Golden idol!
He's an Egyptian…

All kidding aside, I admire this guy's experimental spirit. I hope he gets out soon, and continues his experiments. We can't all live forever.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Assuming he wasn’t nuts and was going for deuterium-tritium fusion by magnetic confinement, he should consider himself lucky that he failed. Fusion happens at about 180 million degrees Fahrenheit. So it probably would have melted his aluminum siding on the garage and maybe set his house on fire for the less than two seconds the molecules existed before becoming helium.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Right?!

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Days later a monster is seen wondering at night.
parts of dead humans and animals found.
strange black verticals seen.
a gun battle is herd and then the black verticals leave fast.
police seen cleaning up the road and a house.
police say nothing happen.

Dont mess with Nuclear Reactors.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I rather see this guy have a sitdown with mental health proffesionals then actually going to jail.

Too many people with mental issues get tossed in jail , Treatment is way better for all parties involved.

They toss em in jail because its a cheap workforce , Licence plates must be printed.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That's crazy lol....

He must the guy that bought my Amazon book, "How To Build A Time Machine In Your Garage."

Only one book sold.
edit on 6-12-2019 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
dibs on his couch. he will continue in there

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel
vanity plate? ho ho ho xo santa north pole

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel
vanity plate? ho ho ho xo santa north pole

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I'm pretty sure a teenage built a rudimentary one many years ago.

Good call, here's a good short video on David Hahn I've watched a couple of times, he was a smart lad;

Bob Lazar had a home-built particle accelerator too, in his spare bedroom lol

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

There's kind of one near me.

I've posted the video before, but it's only like a 5 minute video.

top topics

join