It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet pack flying royal marines.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The Jet pack man did a demonstration at the HMS Queen Elizabeth.
Video of him flying from a aircraft carrier to a boat.
he flys like the Best helicopter side ways.
Jet suit demo with HMS Queen Elizabeth

It looks like the royal navy England may have bought the rights to the jet pack.
what a great way to Very quickly board a enemy ship or land royal marines troops.
only problem I see it they can not shoot as they fly!
but a helicopter or war ship can give cover fire.

I wish I had one. UK wins this race!

edit on 30-11-2019 by buddha because: why not

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

It seems pretty cool, but in todays age, it just seems to have no merit from a military use standpoint(IMO).

It's like 50 years late.

Everything is moving towards unmaned. It's also probably really expensive. For the same cost you could probably buy dozens of drones outfitted for different purposes.
edit on 30-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thinking about it, the best use for this, to me, would be rapid extraction.

If they can build it so that it can carry another person. It could be very useful in extracting people from tight hard to reach areas or even waters. So things like mountain rescue, coast guard, etc, could really benefit from something as compact as this.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

May I suggest this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Embed:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

May I suggest this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry it is very hard to find post with the search.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

That is Awesome!
I would love to own one of those.
I wonder if they will be available
to the general public?

I remember seeing a video of
someone flying around a bay on
something similar but it was more
like a Green Goblin board.
Cool Stuff!
S&F

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I imagine you have to be really careful when you get around objects with different elevations. A helicopter, for example, spreads the thrust out over a large area, whereas this invention concentrates it in a very small area.

It's still really cool though! Doesn't even look real when you're watching it. Must take some pretty good arm and shoulder strength to fly it though.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It looks like Mega Man.
I want one!

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Trumps wall just became obsolete!

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
at almost 500k a piece, without being kited out with ANYTHING else, I dont see these as being practical to be honest.

As one other poster said, MAYBE as extraction for special rescue conditions, but thats supposing it can bare the weight of someone else as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I certainly do hope they have not squandered millions on buying those thing's, we could create our own for nothing and with modern technology even put the original concept of an ARMED flying soldier into practice BUT what chance would they have against modern technology, auto track radar (and laser) guided gun's and other offense/defence systems, not very much.

Though for quickly and cheaply sending a couple of lads over to skiff I suppose they could work but why not just give them jet ski's even cheaper.

As you know the jet pack was not a big success in the states and ended up being used at shows as a crowd pleaser BUT the original concept was for flying soldiers armed with everything from machine gun's to rocket launchers able to take out tank's from the air, problem was not implementing a weapon system that could have been done it was the range, they burn up there fuel so fast that they literally only have a couple of minutes of flight time at best.

That is why the helicopter was chosen instead by the US military, a stable long duration multi role platform able to provide cover to troop's on the ground, deliver them to hot spot's rapidly AND get them back out again as well as get into places were a plane never could.

And MisterSpock put's it in a nutshell even if we could solve all the problems with them the jet pack is outdated technology, noisy as well and unmanned automated systems are the future not only of aerial warfare but also naval and ground combat.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Un'mand drones!
if a oil tanker is taken by pirets.
they send solders in a small boat who then
have to use ropes to climb on to the oil tanker.
ok they can use helecopters.

with jet packs they can very quickly fly over land and start shooting.
Then seach the ship.
we are a VERY long way from drones that fly to a ship and search it!
a helecopter is a single target that does not fly low.

top topics

join