It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bots are now writing news stories-how to stop Skynet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Danger will Robinson!

When I'm talking about droids or cyborgs or rock 'em sock 'em robots.when trump bangs on about fake news all the time, and in a way he's right.

News articles can be, and probably have been, written by bots.

GPT-2 "studies" a single line of text to learn the patterns of human language. It can then generate full paragraphs of text and mimic the writing style. It can even write full articles.

OpenAI quickly discovered a big problem with GPT-2. The algorithm-generated texts were good. So good that you couldn't tell a robot wrote them. It began to generate paragraphs of text that were eerily too human.

Now that's a real problem. The company that created the software refuses for very good reason not to release it to the public due to malicious misuse, as stated in the article.

For instance, I'm going to use a simple program,
which can be found here to make secret recordings of politicians, for instance, this tape of Hillary Clinton discussing the email scandal using lyrics from a Bob Dylan song.

"I will never forget this, I hardly believe her lawyers can songbird all they want,I serve me if only you could see it sometime graves will be opened.

I could make fake news about trump secret recordings using lyrics from blink 182 if I tried, but I've already made my point, but if it's that simple for me and you, imagine what other software companies have mimiced our online personas through keystrokes alone. ATS already have an algorithm in place to screen curse words, for example, remember that song from South Park, 'shut your #ing face uncle #er?' most of this would have been censored-for good reason we are adults who don't want descend into juvenile swearing contests. However if I were to type 'shut your effin face mother trucker, you're a cloth fluffing tar licking uncle trucker' the meaning is implied, but the AI would see nothing but words. Cursing is probably one of the best ways to tell if someone online is indeed human, what would a bot do if its Stubbed it's toe on a coffee table on a cold morning?

The second step is going back to the schoolyard. Do you remember being called a dwebe or a dork? (I'm guessing it's just me) maybe more use of archaic words-if you can call the 90's archaic-would prove that the words are written by a human.

Finally there is pop culture references, I call overt policallity correct whiners Helen lovejoys, I call traitors valachis or big pussies, and so forth, look for words a computer wouldn't know, or invent your own.

Look for the warning signs people, only a human knows humor, and only a human can ask questions that aren't preprogrammed.

These are the many ways to fight skynet, Russian bots could be very real, and trump is right and should launch an investigation, not just for himself, but for others who have been duped by bots.

edit on 4-11-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ray-John Brothers knows one way to circumvent skynet.

So does Leeva Malone.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Just because they refuse to release it doesn't mean that it hasn't been taken.
The fact that they admitted that they made it and what it could do would be reason enough for someone to go looking for a way to get their hands on it and use it for the reasons that the makers didn't want.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I created a thread on this topic a while back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ok I'll give you your 'Simpsons did it' moment, couldn't help myself.

Your thread highlights the issues, I'm looking for solutions.

We both know this has been happening for years, the problem is unlike you and I, some folk can't see through the fog in the moors and...I've probably lost many readers.

I can prove my point by posting this video of Hillary Clinton inappropriately touching a primary school student

top topics

join