It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New string day for the Stratocaster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: musicismagic

Does your Squier have stock pick ups did you change them out?

I have a Squier telecaster—one of the first I bought when I started playing again about 8 years ago—that is all stock hardware and the same color burst as yours, and a few years ago got a MIM strat, black on black, which is my baby.

I mostly play my acoustic Epiphone DR 500mce, though, unless I'm recording non-acoustic music, in which case I break out the strat.

For electric strings Markley Blue Steel mediums, and for acoustic Martin phosphor bronze lights.

Nice gramophone, too. Is is real/does it work?
Its a mini one and yes it works.

Squier is all stock. The back plate and trem bar was sent to me from a friend on Squier Talk. This guitar was made in Indonesia.Its about 10 or 11 years old I think.
The color is antique bust and it really is cool
edit on 1000000024262019-10-23T05:26:24-05:00262410am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: kent04
I'm a guitar builder, would say luthier but no one knows what it means.

check out this herringbone mesquite stratocaster I just finished. I'm playing through a hand wired 5e3 tweed deluxe I built about a year ago

Yay guitars!!!!!

youtu.be...

Cool. left comment.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bringmecoffee
I turned my Road Worn 50s strat into a David Gilmour “ replica “ sort of thing. 920D Gilmour loaded pickguard, with the Gilmour switch and the correct pickups. It is so sweet to play. That and my Les Paul are the two that I’ll never sell.

Which pickups? The SSL-5 in the bridge? What else?

I'm considering replacing the pups on my MIM strat in the near future, and need to replace or resolder the volume pot.

edit on 26-10-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join