It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday has already begun, and you'll never guess why

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Rachel Carson warned us about DDT back in the 60's.
But just when it seemed we were recovering from that & eagles were making a comeback, along comes Roundup! I get excited if I see a bee, they are so scarce here anymore! When our apple tree was in blossom, it used to be full of them! No grasshoppers like there used to be either. And at night it's so quiet! No crickets either! Even the dreaded June bugs have disappeared! When I was a kid, they were the size of dimes. There were so many that it was hard to get into the house at night! When our kids were little, there were still some around, but they were only the size of peas. Now, it's been years since I've seen one. People used to catch bagfuls of Japanese Beetles in those backyard traps! Now we hardly see any. And I'm not in a farming area where spraying is going on. No more lightening bugs either! 😢

The same with the birds! Growing up, there were so many & a lot of different kinds. Every morning in the spring & summer, we would wake up to birds singing. Now, even with a feeder, we only get a handful, and not much variety at all. If we're lucky we hear a few early in the spring when they are breeding, but after that nothing!

The latest thing that I have noticed, is so many evergreen trees are dying in our area. They were fine, then in a matter of months, completely dead! Pine, spruce, larch...that's fast even if they would get infested with something! Whatever it is, isn't something that's easily noticeable. Usually a tree is weakened by something & eventually dies. Not with whatever this is! We took a trip in July, 150 miles north of here, & noticed the same thing the whole way.
So sad!

WOQ

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You: "...what will kill humanity? Climate change? A meteor strike? nuclear war? A celebrity wedding broadcast that replaces the Superbowl?"

Humanity will kill humanity.
No. Climate change is normal. Climate will continue to change
Meteor strikes? Also normal...
Nuclear war? No...it would be simpler to use germs, or shut the electric grid down.

EMT/1st Responder/Advanced Life Support
FEMA/Dept of Homeland Security
Region 2, South

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

thanks for your efforts...
I too have composters and biomass composting pits scattered on this small acre in a subdivision setting

And, crossing-my-fingers... the Moringa tree topped 16 feet this growth season, I hope the 5" trunk survives this winter !

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You can add soil erosion to this.
that will add to rise in sea levels.
as the soil ends up in the sea.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly
No, your perception has changed. I said this in another thread. As a child in an age without internet, we were always outdoors. So we were always in awe at the volume of bugs because we sw them more often because we were always outside. Two things happened to make it seem like insects are disappearing. You grew up a d became an adult. Now most of our time is indoors at work, on the commute home, and then I side at home winding down from work or to your next job . The other thing that happened, is that land in your immediate vicinity has been developed!! If you were once surrounded by trees, but now surrounded by homes and buildings of course the bugs will be gone.

Whatever you see are not coming from miles Away, they are in the acreage of your immediate surroundings. I have traveled all over the south us from Florida to New Mexico. The bugs are everywhere!! The trees and grass are fine. It the cities are growing. So when you used to live on what was once the outskirts, and now developments pop up around you, yes there will be a noticeable decline in some bugs and trees. Urban pollution also has an effect.

But all one needs to do is drive to where the wilderness begins and whamo, a # ton of bugs, birds, and foilage. They like early mornings and late evening, the times where many of us adults are simply working or sleeping.

As a kid, we were always outdoors starting early morning, so we had the opportunity to experience it all. As adults we have allowed special interest propaganda to brainwash our perception of a declining Earth.

Most of the natural world is just fine.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

No, your perception has changed.
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That may be true for you. But you are assuming that my life is similar to yours!

Where I live, the land,(600 acres), has been in my family for six generations. Nothing has changed on it for sixty years. Thank goodness! Except that the trees are older/bigger. The newest house was built in 1958. No development for miles, no lumbering. It's a veritable time capsule if you will. I was only gone for four years in the 70's. The rest of the time I have been right here! No commuting to work, still spending almost as much time outside. Still garden & compost. My parents subscribed to Organic Gardening & Prevention magazine already back in the 60's! No pesticides or chemicals ever used here!

The apple trees used to be full of honeybees. You could hear the buzzing from yards away! Now...none! And only a handful of bumblebees! We have a stream where we as kids & our kids, used to catch crayfish. Now, it's hard to find any. And the water quality is better now. We used to catch jars full of lightening bugs. Now, when we sit out at night, it's unusual if we see one or two! There is a patch of evergreen woods along the stream where hundreds of noisy, messy, pooping blackbirds used to roost every night in the summer. They're all gone! We used to see as many as a dozen bats flying around at night. Now, none. White nose disease has shown up in our area.

I blame part of the lack of all kinds of birds, on the Department of Agriculture's massive campaign to eradicate invasive species. Did you ever read their annual reports? They have killed millions over the years! And of course they had the list of species that were collateral damage too! Because no matter what method they used, of course there will be unintended, accidental deaths! We own some forest land about 15 miles away. I used to love to listen to the birds there. Now, it's unusual to hear even one!

There are a lot more examples, these are the biggest ones. I'm very close to the land, it's a big part of who I am. I pay attention to these things. So if it's happening here, in a rural, relatively pristine, untouched area, it doesn't bode well for other areas soon!

WOQ

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly
you may want to investigate the industries around you then, clearly something strange is happening nearby. If your near agriculture farms and such, could be related to the pesticides.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join