It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kaikōura, New Zealand 1979 Triangle UFO 16MM film analyzed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The OPs initial video is incredible.

Time stamp at 27:30 shows some impressive detail.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: A51Watcher

I meant to watch this a while ago and finally remembered as it came back to the top of the forum page.
Thanks for the work you and your team have done - it's very interesting.
I can't really make any claims or comments on accuracy (no disrespect in the least), but I actually have a family member (distant) who saw the UFO in question and it spooked her a lot. I never heard any details, other than it freaked her out and she refused to drive that section of road again at night for the rest of her life. So something made her very uncomfortable.

I'm sure people know, but to make it clear - this wasn't a single event, it was a series over multiple days / nights.
Anyway, nice analysis and people can make of it what they will

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Really great work there mate and very, very strange object indeed!

Before Christmas I came across an older video with a New Zealand Air Official describing on camera another very strange UFO pilot case which occurred in the same area of sky the week before - can't find it now for love nor money though.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Before Christmas I came across an older video with a New Zealand Air Official describing on camera another very strange UFO pilot case which occurred in the same area of sky the week before - can't find it now for love nor money though.

I may be wrong but presumably it was the sighting that actually encouraged Fogarty and Co to fly with the Argosy the following week. Remember that the TV crew never expected to see anything on their own flight - they were simply presenting a news report about the previous activity... until the cockpit crew called them up from the cargo area. And the rest is history.

It'd be good to see the other interview you mentioned, though.

edit on 12-1-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: A51Watcher
2nd video analysis of the Kaikoura film -

Interesting enhancement of the single frame, however I'd like to see a similar analysis done on other nearby frames to see if consistent features show up in them also. Just to rule out a feature that simply may be the product of a random arrangement of pixels on one individual image. Just to be sure. Like this one, maybe.

P.S. -- Reminds me of the "acorn" shaped Kecksberg UFO that supposedly crashed in 1965.

Just had a meeting with the team this morning and we have no problem doing "a similar analysis done on other nearby frames to see if consistent features show up in them also. Just to rule out a feature that simply may be the product of a random arrangement of pixels on one individual image. Just to be sure. Like this one, maybe."

...as time permits as I'm sure others might wonder that as well.

Any questions regarding my teams analysis skills, methods and qualifications can be found outlined in detail in this thread -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-1-2020 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Really great work there mate and very, very strange object indeed!

Yes and obviously a different craft from the triangle one shown in the OP video.

Actually in the full footage taken that night the plane was approached by UFOs on 5 different occasions by 5 different craft.

And there was a rash of UFO sightings in the weeks before and after the Kaikoura Lights incident, in NZ and Australia as told to us by a local in the area and we are in the process of collecting those now.

I believe the "very strange UFO pilot case" you are referring to may be this one -

Link

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Bruce Maccabee has chimed in, in the comments section on youtube of the OP video -

"Great work ... far beyond what I could do 40 years ago with a stop frame projector. I spent hundreds of hours over several years tracing most of the images. I found a tendency toward "triangularity" in many of the images taken between 2:30 and 2:40 am. Your analysis has proved it.
I was looking forward to see what you found in the last section of film as they headed toward the Cape Campbell beacon. In that section several of the momentarily "stationary frames" show actual triangle images with two side by side red dots and a pale yellow/white dot at the top. It seemed that the white/yellow top dot pulsated in brightness making large cirular images that periodically saturated (overexposed) the film. I think your analysis may show structure that is not apparent to the naked eye looking at a replay of the film/video. Bruce Maccabee [email protected]"

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

originally posted by: A51Watcher

I believe the "very strange UFO pilot case" you are referring to may be this one -

Link

Ah no it wasn't Fred mate ..although I really do wonder why the flight transcripts were 'edited' on that case.

Apparently 'Hundreds of sightings of UFOs were reported from Dulong, Frankston and Cape Otway and further along the coast, of which three reports were made up to three hours before Valentich's flight'.

See 4:53

The Valentich case always did remind me of this freaky one and there's another account over the Bass Strait here from 1942.

Managed to find that elusive video and the guy was in fact a commercial pilot (not an Air Official) but he really does make some interesting comments about lots of other UFO incidents in that area.

See 8:45

edit on 13-1-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

well said..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join