It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would U Do ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Maybe she was very poor and could only afford meager supplies. The sight of so much so close but yet so far out of reach triggered a rage moment. I think it would have been a very good situation to explain to your child that it is important to always be aware of their surroundings. It is never too early to prepare them for the real world.

I wonder how much children learn from the actions of their parents versus the simple and easy words they speak?

Just curious, how did you react? What comments did you make out loud? What impressions did you leave?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

If you're asking for advice from ATS you already missed your window to kick the crap out of her, so what's the point? After working in 3 different grocery stores over the years I've seen all kinds of shoppers. Your rude shopper didn't commit any crimes, nobody got hurt, the store worker wasn't responsible for the woman's behavior, and if anyone would have gotten hurt the store (whose employee left the cart in the way) would be responsible legally rather than the rude woman. Comparing a shopper in a bad mood and terrorists is whackadoodle- she wasn't a terrorist, just an everyday @$$hat.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So what exactly made the crash intentional and a act of hostility or (lol) terrorism?

It was her saying 'excuse me' like most polite people do wasn't it?

You felt a woosh, but you didn't see how it went down, or was she visible in the reflections of the coffee jars as your nose was "practically smushe(d) into the shelf"

Eyes in the back of your head? (You said you only saw things as she was crashing yes? Did the 'ramming' seem intentional or was it just a parent over reacting?)

What did this lady do or say that made her hostile and a terrorist?

If the employee didn't see what happened (or maybe he did and it was an accident) seems his response was a fair one.
Just a friendly laugh and reassuring the customer they were in no trouble.
Or did he point at your child while doing a Nelson "HA HA"

Was your child crushed to death? Were the injured in any way by this woman?

This honestly just sounds like a triggered parent.
Please be sure to not wrap your kids in cotton wool. We have enough REE'ing apes already thanks and nobody likes those "my little angel..." parents except for themselves.

I think the over dramatic way the post was written says a lot.
edit on 1-9-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: clarifications

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Jeezus lord, i can barely type as i tremlble in fear at this scenario! Id hide in my house and order delivery for the rest of my life.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I would’ve checked to see if there was a Trump 2020 bumper sticker on the cart she rammed .

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I have no idea what the responses are about. This is obviously putting you, your daughter you can't seem to be bothered to keep from running through the isles, and also humanity in critical danger.

Being a large male I would grab the bottom of my cart basket and hurl it with all my strength. No matter which isle I am in I would certainly put it through the wall. This lunatic has moved a stock cart out of the way and we all know the next step is killing a toddler.

Of course I could also just get the F out of the way and keep my kids within reasonable distance, but that sounds hard. I prefer the nuclear option because this is, after all, incredibly important. Certainly more important than keeping my children close and safe.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Wow, just what I was thinking...but Lyme rage!
Things are only going to get worse too. They now figure 300,000 people a year are contracting Lyme! There are so many that are misdiagnosed/undiagnosed! If it's untreated & spreads to the brain, all kinds of things can happen. When I first read about it, the first thing I wondered, was if that is where road rage comes from?! Then I witnessed it in someone before they were finally diagnosed! Very scary!

There have always been rude people, but it's getting so much worse! Anyone who has to deal with the public regularly, sees how things have changed. Just pay extra attention to the people shopping next time you are out. Hardly anyone smiles. A lot are frowning. They are usually in a hurry. They have very little patience! If I have a big order & Wally only has two checkouts open, I usually let people with just a few things go ahead of me. They are shocked & fall all over thanking me! It shouldn't be that unusual! But people are hurried, hassled & oblivious anymore. So sad!

When I had to deal with the public, I usually was able to deflect a potential situation with humor. My goal was to have everyone leave feeling better than when they walked in. Without being a doormat though! Nowadays, you never know about their mental state, if they are on drugs, or are carrying! So it's best just to try & not engage at all if they seem 'off'!

I miss the good, not so old days!
Welcome to the new 'norm'!

WOQ

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

First I would bring charges of child neglect not having your 15 year old child riding in the cart. It is clearly your fault. / SARC
Clearly your wound to frinkin tight if this bothers you, I'd hate to ride in your car. Are you flipin off every other car who you perceive has done some cardinal sin against you. Let it go life is to short to get you underwear in a twist over a minor shopping cart incident. Water off the old ducks back.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasobservingquietly
a reply to: dfnj2015

Wow, just what I was thinking...but Lyme rage!
Things are only going to get worse too. They now figure 300,000 people a year are contracting Lyme! There are so many that are misdiagnosed/undiagnosed! If it's untreated & spreads to the brain, all kinds of things can happen. When I first read about it, the first thing I wondered, was if that is where road rage comes from?! Then I witnessed it in someone before they were finally diagnosed! Very scary!

There have always been rude people, but it's getting so much worse! Anyone who has to deal with the public regularly, sees how things have changed. Just pay extra attention to the people shopping next time you are out. Hardly anyone smiles. A lot are frowning. They are usually in a hurry. They have very little patience! If I have a big order & Wally only has two checkouts open, I usually let people with just a few things go ahead of me. They are shocked & fall all over thanking me! It shouldn't be that unusual! But people are hurried, hassled & oblivious anymore. So sad!

When I had to deal with the public, I usually was able to deflect a potential situation with humor. My goal was to have everyone leave feeling better than when they walked in. Without being a doormat though! Nowadays, you never know about their mental state, if they are on drugs, or are carrying! So it's best just to try & not engage at all if they seem 'off'!

I miss the good, not so old days!
Welcome to the new 'norm'!

WOQ

You are saying these weirdos are tick victims? Causing aberrant behaviour? Hmm. interesting theory,
need to do some digging.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

I just read about it recently.
Apparently it's been found in dogs too.
Makes you wonder about the dogs attacking little kids, where the owner's said the dog had never been aggressive before! Very concerning!

A Lyme rage linky: www.prohealth.com...

WOQ

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Maybe it wasn't malicious at all, but she genuinely was just in a hurry and was careless. I dunno, honestly. If my kid was fine, I'd likely not say a word, but I would get the hell away from the lady just in case.

As for the employee, if the store is anything like my place of employment, best to not say anything to the cart crasher. In fact, if anything was made of it, the employee would likely be reprimanded for leaving the cart unattended in an aisle. That's considered a safety violation. That said... in an employee capacity, I would not have laughed it off myself and likely would inform my department manager about the whole thing just in case anything came of it later. You never know if the crazy cart lady may suddenly decide to lodge a complaint with management about the cart being in her way.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I'd keep an eye on the crazy lady and tell my daughter to move away from her. Then leave the area.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well if it was my kid I would have just said the code word and the boy would have broke both the crazy lady's knees.

Be the aggressor in every situation and you'll never be a victim.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join