It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA police officer lied about being shot by a sniper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Link

A Los Angeles County deputy lied when he said he was shot in the shoulder while standing in a sheriff’s station parking lot last week and will face a criminal investigation, authorities said.

“The reported sniper assault was fabricated” by Deputy Angel Reinosa, Assistant Sheriff Robin Limon said at a news conference late Saturday.

Reinosa, 21, made a frantic radio call Wednesday claiming he’d been shot by someone in a nearby building as he walked to his car outside the Lancaster station, prompting a huge police response. Deputies set up a perimeter and SWAT officers went door-to-door inside a sprawling building complex to search for the shooter.

Reinosa eventually admitted making up the story and using a knife to cut the two holes in his shirt, Wegener said.

Reinosa has been relieved of his duties and could face charges for filing a false report about a crime, officials said. He didn’t explain his motive for the fabrication, Wegener said.

What the actual #?! No explanation? He did not even offer a reason to his own police department why he made it up and why he cut himself with a knife?

The city organized a city wide search for a sniper, it was on news nationwide, people were warned not to be outside in the area and in the end... the officer did a Smollett on everyone.

I guess it's better than actually having a shooter. And the trust in out police degrades even further.

edit on 25-8-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I imagine the psychological screening process where Police are concerned leaves a lot to be desired.

The fact of the matter is the position of a Police officer seems to attract the attention of the completely wrong sort of candidates for the job these days.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I imagine the psychological screening process where Police are concerned leaves a lot to be desired.

The fact of the matter is the position of a Police officer seems to attract the attention of the completely wrong sort of candidates for the job these days.

Not to mention that a high US court ruled it ok for police departments to bar applicants that have an IQ that is above average.

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

edit on 25-8-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
heh, you gotta laugh at the stupidity.

file under wtf.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

Not to mention that a high US court ruled it ok for police departments to bar applicants that have an IQ that is above average.

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

Affirmative action in, well....Action. Same with whats going on for Firefighters.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

.. the officer did a Smollett on everyone.

Not even close sport...
The difference is one wasted time and resources.

While the other wasted time and resources while almost starting a civil war.

Big difference.

Why post this?
Why make the comparison to Smollett?
You always have an agenda here.
I think we all know what it is on this one.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Not even close sport...

Big difference.

Why post this?

Lying to everyone and organizing a police force wrongly, having swat dispatched and wasting city resources does not remind you of that situation? Agenda?

I think your paranoia is showing through. Be careful.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Life imitating art?

Reminds me of the show "The Wire" and the antics of one officer Roland Pryzbylewski.

Hopefully, in reality, the culprit in this instance is prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and not shielded by family higher up the chain of command.

Or go on to become a teacher for that matter. LoL
edit on 25-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Didn’t want to go home because the wife found out he was cheating and this way he’d score sympathy points and avoid the conversation?

Sounds to me like he had to take responsibility for something he didn’t want to.
The possibilities are endless.

Could have just been an attention seeker?
Bad day on the job?
Diverting attention?

It’s endless...

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
When is he getting promoted?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I guess it's better than actually having a shooter. And the trust in out police degrades even further.

The action of one individual out of an entire (and very large) police force. It doesn't degrade any trust as far as I can see. Stupid people can be found in all kinds of professions.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Ah, but with positions of power, one bad apple does indeed spoil the whole barrel.

Or at least taint one's respect regarding so-called officers of the law.

Any arrests that the Man has ever made should now be called into question down to the person's obvious serious mental health problems.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Ah, but with positions of power, one bad apple does indeed spoil the whole barrel.

Or at least taint one's respect regarding so-called officers of the law.

Any arrests that the Man has ever made should now be called into question down to the person's obvious serious mental health problems.

That's why the bad apples have to be dealt with. Does it taint the whole organization? As far as I'm concerned, that depends on what the LAPD does about it.

If you're expecting the police forces to be perfect, you're just going to be disappointed. The FBI, on the other hand, have proven themselves to be untrustworthy since 2016. They can't seem to clean up their politicization since the Obama years.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Dependant on what they do indeed.

It does not make them look good no matter the light it's painted in through, put it that way.

If Police can come away with crap like this, what else can, and have they perpetrated or gotten up to, that turns out to be a load of crap?

Trust is the main concern, or lack of, as the case may be.

edit on 25-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I called fake news when this happened, here's why:

#1) If you are shot by a sniper you don't know who did it- snipers don't shoot you from 50 feet away and wave at you. Sniper means a hidden shooter at a considerable distance.
#2) Not many who are shot by a real sniper live to tell anyone about it. Headshots are their specialty.

More anti-gun propaganda: we can;t trust citizens with guns!

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Dependant on what they do indeed.

It does not make them look good no matter the light it's painted in through, put it that way.

If Police can come away with crap like this, what else can, and have they perpetrated or gotten up to, that turns out to be a load of crap?

Trust is the main concern, or lack of, as the case may be.

A little transparency will go a long way. Will we ever find out what was behind this? The guy is either in some big trouble he wanted to cover up or he's got some serious mental issues.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Deep State be like:

Let me check...Noo...... Nope nothing on the itinerary for today!

Must be a real shooter!

link   

Not even close sport...

Big difference.

Why post this?

This one was actually worse.

They brought swat in and invaded numerous adjacent buildings looking for the "sniper". Numerous people were held on suspicion because "they were not cooperating ".

The way things are going now with our boys in blue we are lucky this guy didnt get anyone killed!

Imagine how roided up they all were looking for a fictional person that shot one of their own.

How many people had firearms drawn on them because this idiot made up a story and no one even to bother checking for a bullet hole?

What a joke they are becoming

Lolz

🤪

link   

All of the above probably to be honest.

link   

Not even close sport...

Big difference.

Why post this?

Wrong on that one my friend!

Dozens of SWAT deputies descended on the scene via helicopter and armored vehicles. Tactical teams checked each apartment, officials said. The search of the apartment building and surrounding area wasn't concluded until 5:30 a.m. Thursday, according to the department.
The shooting report prompted Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris to express concern about the location of the apartment complex that houses mentally ill people to be so close to the sheriff's

"Of course it's insanity,'' Parris said. "It's outrageous to have that population in that location. Thank God we don't have a funeral.''

Southland activist Najee Ali called for Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva to order Reinosa's immediate arrest.
"There shouldn't be a double standard of justice,'' Ali, director of Project Islamic Hope, told City News Service. "Reinosa should be arrested and prosecuted immediately. There were several people who were detained by the deputies while they were investigating a fabricated shooting. He endangered the lives of everyone in that building. The waste of taxpayers dollars and manpower hours are inexcusable."

www.dailynews.com...

In this time of volatile environment between the police and the public, this is a catalyst just begging to effect a riot, or more. I hope this PSO is put in prison for a long time.
edit on 25-8-2019 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join