It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review....."Once upon A Time in Hollywood"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

I have a really nuanced view of Star Wars.

I grew up in the 80s and saw the Ep 4,5,6 as a kid. They were OK, but I was never really into them.
When 1,2,3 came out I didn't really get into that either.
I think 7 and 8 are pretty crappy, the first 6 films were much better though I don't really care for em.

I do like Rogue One but that's only because Felicity Jones is mega hot imho. lol...

What got me to like Star Wars was the Jedi Knight games and Empire at War. These games were top notch and I loved them.

Those games got me to *try out* the animated Clone Wars series, which was 6 seasons. I actually loved this series and thought it was the best thing Star Wars ever made. The character development and multiple story arcs were just brilliant, I especially loved the few episodes that were centered on adventures that C3PO and R2D2 would go on. Those were top notch!

I also watched Rebels, the 3 season series that picked up where Clone Wars ended, and they were excellent too. Great character development and story lines.

I also picked up and read the "Hand of Thrawn" novels, which I thought were great. Loved them. Haven't read any other Star Wars books but if this 2part series is any example, than the other books are probably awesome too.

So for me - the movies are pretty lame. The games and animated 3d series are top notch stuff though. The books I read were good.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Pretentious. Addled. Self-masturbatory. I felt ripped-off and WAY too long and I don't mind long movies that deliver.

But, hey, to each his own. I thought your short-film about the used car salesman was much better, Olaru.

Thank you!! We had quite run at the festivals with that one. Even won a few "best of" prizes.

Did you like the "Blood and Spurs" teaser? Or the "Backroom"
edit on 31-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

FYI..I watched you short 6 minute film from I believe NOV 08. I understand you we're the D of Photography but...that 6 minutes, was an intro to an extremely horrifying and real chain of lost child events!!. What became of that?

Their is so much lost desert cause to build on it's unreal...The "Lost Southwest"

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

FYI..I watched you short 6 minute film from I believe NOV 08. I understand you we're the D of Photography but...that 6 minutes, was an intro to an extremely horrifying and real chain of lost child events!!. What became of that?

Their is so much lost desert cause to build on it's unreal...The "Lost Southwest"

Honestly, I don't remember that short film. If I'm not on a union gig, I'm usually helping out another filmmaker as crew and sometime never even see the finished product. Do you remember the name of that short?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I believe it was "Duet"

Position was a lost youngster who saw her past..possibly her future and then left with the lonely "Grandfather" at end scene.

This one www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-8-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

The 2 main in this short really worked it. Their was an onset to this that made me want more...
edit on 1-8-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
A story that has yet to be written in comedy...is the struggle of people in the rust belt. It's been mentioned and laughed about yet never put into context.

What if a guy/gal from Cleveland,Buffalo,Pittsburgh,Rochester....found all of the stereotypes uplifting. They didn't give a # and found an "Escape"

Repetitious of course....The plot being the true dignity of your hometown.. and a never leaving soul..

The Irony of dedicating your existence to a community hell bent on failure...for a bit of in pocket cash.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join