It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal judge dismisses racketeering claims against Trump family

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

A Manhattan judge on Wednesday dismissed claims that President Trump and his eldest children broke federal racketeering laws by promoting marketing opportunities that brought thousands in losses for investors, but allowed state claims to proceed.

The plaintiffs claimed in a 2018 class-action lawsuit that Trump Corporation, Donald Trump, Don Jr., Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump received millions in secret payments by promoting a multilevel marketing company called American Communications Network.

Trump endorsed the company in speeches and on "The Celebrity Apprentice."

The plaintiffs claimed they lost thousands of dollars because the products went bust, and sought unspecified money damages for alleged fraud and racketeering, Reuters reported.

U.S. District Judge Lorna Schofield dismissed racketeering claims, citing a lack of evidence, but allowed the plaintiffs to pursue claims of fraud, unfair competition and deceptive trade practices.

Source: Federal judge dismisses racketeering claims against Trump family

While all eyes were on the Mueller hearing, another lawsuit against the president and his family crashes and burns into ashes today.

edit on 7/25/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Everything's coming up Trumphouse! (Simpsons reference for you that live in the stone age)

The history books will not look kindly on the Democrats at all. Yet another feather in his cap on the road to re-election.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Depends on who's writing those history books. Leftists are still in full and complete control of the education system at every level. They exist to manipulate information and brainwash the public. It's their lifeblood.

I don't see that changing anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

That is a very valid point though it pains me to say it.

The Western education system is essentially just a mass indoctrination camp.

Perhaps in a utopian future logic and rationale will make a return to society at large.

ETA: I don’t mind moderate and rational leftists. I believe a healthy society needs both a left and a right wing. The “far” on either sides can both burn. That said I do believ the far left are much more a threat than their opponents on the right.
edit on 2572019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

With so much Mueller news today, this dismissal wasn't widely reported. Thank-you for starting a thread on it.

I also heard President Trump cheering a court decision on "asylumn" during his conversation with reporters today. Will have to look and see what the President was referring to.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
Everything's coming up Trumphouse! (Simpsons reference for you that live in the stone age)

The history books will not look kindly on the Democrats at all. Yet another feather in his cap on the road to re-election.

When you replace every judge with your "guy", a la revolving-door-cabinet.

I think Trump is about to be victorious a lot more often.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

huh, you mean like Obammy and the 9th circuit? ...gosh

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I’d rather see the Trumps acquitted over some (comparatively) petty financial crime than those who are seeking to destroy them getting away with the treasonous and sick s**t they are guilty of.

You don’t think the only reason half your beloved Democrats aren’t behind bars is because of ‘their guys’ being in particular positions of power?

edit on 2572019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

When you replace every judge with your "guy", a la revolving-door-cabinet.

I think Trump is about to be victorious a lot more often.

One small problem with that theory in this case.

The judge is an Obama appointee.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

ACN?

I remember going to one of their "opportunity" meetings...........

It was Bad even for MLM standards.

I'm shocked everyone who signed up didn't become independently wealthy. I know I regret missing the boat on ACN.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

a reply to: NthOther

That is a very valid point though it pains me to say it.

The Western education system is essentially just a mass indoctrination camp.

Perhaps in a utopian future logic and rationale will make a return to society at large.

ETA: I don’t mind moderate and rational leftists. I believe a healthy society needs both a left and a right wing. The “far” on either sides can both burn. That said I do believe the far left are much more a threat than their opponents on the right.

The only problem with far right wingers, they won't NO gov whatsoever. Otherwise, I don't see much wrong with the near right that want as little gov as is necessary to protect the citizens freedom to speak and for the common defense.

I always think your rights allow you to do as you wish is fine if we all agree on it in a fair manner. I think we do for the most part agree in a fair manner and we have a system that allows complaints to be heard without the beheading of the complainer.

Certainly, murder is something we clearly wouldn't agree with as a guaranteed 'freedom'. We have some more common ground that is logical and need more work to remove some laws like some of our drug laws. I disagree with many of those as inhibiting freedom to pursue happiness is what that would be for some people I am sure.

top topics

join