It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Attorney Marie Villafana rebuked by Judge prior to her 2007 deal with Epstein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

“intentional and/or serious lapse in judgment’’

So will this other shoe drop? OK so we all heard about Acosta but what about Assistant US Attorney Marie Villafana who was working direct with Epstein's lawyers back in 2007. Acosta was her boss. Apparently she is the Assistant US Attorney of choice for the Rich and Famous in that part of Florida. She was even previously rebuked for her handling of another child sex case. So you can read about it here

Miami Herald

Nine months before cutting a covert plea deal with sex trafficking suspect Jeffrey Epstein, Miami U.S. Attorney Alexander Acosta was notified that the lead prosecutor in Epstein’s case had concealed information in another underage sex crimes case, the Miami Herald has learned. The prosecutor, A. Marie Villafaña, was harshly rebuked by a federal judge in January 2007 for what he called her “intentional and/or serious lapse in judgment’’ when she failed to explicitly inform him that the defendant, a Texas man who traveled to Florida to have sex with a 14-year-old girl, had a prior history of predatory behavior with minors, court records show. Acosta, her boss at the time, not only knew about Villafaña’s breach, but records show that he subsequently defended it. Acosta assigned another prosecutor in his office to write a treatise for the judge in an unsuccessful attempt to persuade him to soften the stinging language in his order. Senior U.S. District Court Judge William J. Zloch copied Acosta on his order, noting, “The court is at a total loss as to why the Office of the United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, as well as the Assistant United States Attorney assigned to the above-styled cause, found it appropriate to intentionally withhold ... information from the court.’’ Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

This is a partial excerpt what she wrote to an Epstein lawyer back in 2007

Assistant U.S. Attorney Marie Villafana wrote to Epstein lawyer Jay Lefkowitz in a Sept. 19, 2007, email. "I will include our standard language regarding resolving all criminal liability and I will mention 'co-conspirators,' but I would prefer not to highlight for the judge all of the other crimes and all of the other persons that we could charge ... maybe we can set a time to meet, if you want to meet 'off campus' somewhere, that is fine. I will make sure that I have all the necessary decision makers present or 'on call' as well."

Say it ain't so but it is.
edit on 19-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 19-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Am i reading it correctly?

That basically they are protecting other people by not taking out Epstein.

Interesting

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

edit on 19-7-2019 by FieldMarshalMatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

I have been in the system as a white hat and have 1st person experience with US Attorneys and Federal Judges. There are certain "fixers" in the system. They [Assistant US Attorneys] can be spotted as they have been around for decades under various administrations under various bosses. They are not here to uphold the Constitution nor the laws of The United States. If an Alphabet Agency phones in and says to make it go away they will make it go away or just do a slap on the wrist. They will even spin on and turn it on the accuser. This female Assistant US Attorney has been around for 19 years. Look at what cases are sent her way.

top topics

join