It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narragansett Chicken - Salad Dressing as a Marinade?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Found this simple yet yummy recipe in The Cookbook of the Worcester Art Museum, Vol1, that uses Creamy Italian Salad dressing as a marinade.
Have any other ATS Chefs tried this method and what other dressings do you think would work well with chicken?

-4 Whole medium-sized chicken breasts, boned, skinned and split
-Creamy Italian Salad Dressing
-Seasoned stuffing mix, finely ground (I think this recipe pre-dates Shake and Bake)

Place Chicken breasts close together in a shallow 2 quart casserole. Cover with salad dressing. Marinate covered at least 5 hours or overnight. Roll the breasts in stuffing mix and bake uncovered at 350 deg F for 45 minutes to an hour depending on the size of the breasts. Very good served with peas and a spicy peach or creamed onions and a green salad.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I use just the regular Italian dressing, marinate overnight, coat with Panko breadcrumbs and bake.

Serve with rice, vegetables, etc...

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

Sounds good we coat the chicken in mayo then bread with panko and parm cheese. Makes it crunchy crispy on outside and juiciest chicken inside. The marinade would take it up a level I think.
edit on 16-7-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thanks David64 and Pavil I just happened to have all those ingredients and will try them in my next batch this weekend as well as a modification of pavil's recipe replacing mayo with pasta sauce...or is that chicken parmesan???

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues
Thanks David64 and Pavil I just happened to have all those ingredients and will try them in my next batch this weekend as well as a modification of pavil's recipe replacing mayo with pasta sauce...or is that chicken parmesan???

The mayo is sorta like eggwash. It's what allows the breading to stick to the chicken. I doubt pasta sauce would work the same way. Can't even taste the Mayo in the finished product, which is pretty weird.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join