It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinction Rebellion Will Be Used To Prevent Future UK Road Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There are plans to build a number of bypass roads around the country. More houses and factories will be built nearby, filling up the new roads with traffic. The congestion problem will be increased not lessened. As it is all the bypass's need there own bypass at busy times. There will be no end without drastic changes in transportation. Mostly that involves making an effort.

The impressionable and eager young people involved in Extinction Rebellion would be exactly the people to physically oppose the next round of road building. They are about to be encouraged to get criminal records. They will be traumatised in some cases. New statutory regulations will be imposed as a result of the protests starting tomorrow that will make road protesting much more difficult. As a result of these factors they will not take part in the road protests. Fossil fuel use will increase.

Check the Extinction Rebellion news in the UK next week, then wait and see if more legislation that can be used against road protestors is introduced as a direct result.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

"They paved paradise to put up a parking lot"
I travel around the country in my job and the amount of building going on has increased many fold in the last few years , the green space in towns is fast disappearing.

If protesters stand in the way of profit from poorly built houses and all that goes with them then I guess legislation is a possibility , progress dear boy.

edit on 14-7-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm seeing the opposite retail biz closing over to many empty building. I'm talking about biz that have been there for years.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
California severely curtailed development through regulation in order to save the environment. Now no one can afford to live there unless they live on the streets.

It's awesome now. People camp out 24/7 and medieval diseases have made a comeback in a big way. But it's not all bad. iPhone has apps to help you avoid stepping in someone else's poop.
edit on 14-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join