It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads now appearing in the OP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Now I know ATS needs to make money to keep the lights on but it seems like the last 6-8 months the Ads on this site have been on steroids. It was subtle at first and I put up with the rather annoying footer and sidebar ads that would never go away. But today I logged in and went to a post and they are now putting ads inside the OP????? Anybody else seeing the OP's split apart by ads?

How gross and annoying is that that? [snipped]
edit on Mon Jul 8 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You will get a warning for taking about an ad blocker. I probably get 1 too for telling you. 2 things you never do on ats talk about adblocker or say something anti-gay. I get warnings for both.

edit on 8-7-2019 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What you’re seeing is a glitch/bug.
Are you using a custom zoom level in your browser?

You should be able to just hold down the control key and roll the mousewheel backwards or forwards to adjust the zoom.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

You will get a warning for taking about an ad blocker. I probably get 1 too for telling you. 2 things you never do on ats talk about adblocker or say something anti-gay. I get warnings for both.

I disable my ad blocker for ATS.
It’s not a very good monetary system, but I want to support this site without giving my cc details

I’m sure it uses an external payment system... but still, no HTTPS and it’s 2019.
edit on 8-7-2019 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2019 by GreenGunther because: Last time

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Whatever that is, it's nothing the site's doing. I never see anything like that. It's some setting on your end, or you have a bug playing havoc with your display.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It’s weird. Right now you have an ad where you’re avatar should be. There is so much ad space elsewhere that it seems weird they’d put it right there.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

Whatever that is, it's nothing the site's doing. I never see anything like that. It's some setting on your end, or you have a bug playing havoc with your display.

Not a bug on his/her end..
See my thread..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The site is gone wonky. Adds overload, not just the usual one or 2 banners. It's killing ATS.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yep, I've seen them in every thread I've opened today, and last night. Between that and the other issue on here since the 3rd, I thought maybe ATS got hacked or something.
a reply to: Bigburgh

edit on 8-7-2019 by chiefsmom because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Okay, guess I should've kept quiet. They're looking at it now. Just weird I can't replicate the issue. Or maybe I'm just lucky.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I realize I've somehow logged out by the ads that appear, so I log back in and the ads go away, check your not logged out

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This has been reported to our ad provider for them to resolve.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's been happening on mobile today too.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My world and welcome to it

Been doin me like that a while now......

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yeah this is new to me too. The ads are now getting inserted into the New Topics list. As you go down the list, as of today, there are ads now:

As you scroll down, every 10 posts there is now an ad.

Was this the big fix or is this an error?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well I'm on mobile. Unfortunatly I can not see the avatars. I know some of them are awsome, and some annoying. I can see all the ads.

The most annoying that only happened on ATS was the full pop ups congratulations ... Or you have a virus.... I could not get out of the ad without deleting it from my history. Worst case had to go to the home page.

That was when I was using crome. I switched my browser to duck duck go. I'm happy. No more annoying pop ups that I can't get out of. I get real search results instead of the ones google wants me to see. Google can't block sites they disagree with.

I was searching for information on dangers of gardisil (spelling?) Huge difference between crome and duck duck go.

Now I only use crome for a back up browser if I ever need it. Mainly because I can't uninstall it.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

edit on 8-7-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is being discussed in an earlier thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please reply there.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join