It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Pulsars, Magnetars, and newly discovered 'Burpers' actually be means of alien communication?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Many people throughout threads on ATS have brought up the fact that aliens may be communicating with us through a medium we have not yet discovered. In other words, it's as if we were trying to contact someone living in 1700s America using radio signals. However, what if aliens have harnessed the power of the stars and actually use pulsars, magnetars, and 'burpers' (whose existance has been proved just this week? Perhaps they do not have powerful enough transmitting devices that can be manufactured, so they somehow use these celestial bodies to send communications to the far reaches of the galaxy and we simply have not decoded or picked up on their messages mixed in with the radio waves we get from these bodies in space.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Why didn't you post this on the other thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Because it's a seperate topic that I would like seperate opinions on. I am not focusing on one example of transmission as was the other one.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
But it's the same topic, we were discussing alien communication in it, the topic was about the source. You could've brought it up their and would get good answers...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Alien discussion has been discussed in multiple forums, however this specific statement has not been widely discussed...now if I could kindly ask you to stop posting unless you have a theory about this type of communication. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Interesting theory.... All I have to say is maybe. As far as I know....even on the radio frequencies, we are only looking at the frequency of Helium (hydrogen maybe? not sure at the moment without looking it up) There are plenty of spectrums that we as humans may not even know about yet. So, yes.....it's a definate possibility. Good post!!!!!

E_T

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Pulsars have "natural" explanation which fits to obervations.

Also radiation bursts from magnetars would be quite lethal to anything close to them.

And if they would have big enough energy resources to change evolution of stars/control them they would 100% sure have capability for very long range communication... with much simpler methods than "tweaking" stars, using even ordinary radio waves and lasers (for directed transmissions).

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
One would think that aliens and humans would want to make their signal stand out from the crowd by specifically using frequincies and patterns that clearly indicate artificially generation, such as a stream of prime numbers or PI.

But those signals we receive know certainly warrant more investigation, who knows there might be pattern and if not at least we learn more about natural phenomena in the galaxy....

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Your still limited by the speed of light from what we can detect. Unless there is a hidden FTL carrier wave this seems to be a lot of work just to get a more watts so the wave can carry.

If these things could carry a wave at FTL speeds you would see otehr such stars working as repeaters along the regular spectrum.

Also we have no idea what the Aliens are cabable of doing can they could have easily created a shield agaisnt extreme tempuratures, and even magnetic fields

top topics

join