It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "best" police shooting video I've ever seen....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

The cop was wrong to taze the victim to begin with. He was only trying to restrain the woman

Restrain the woman? From what? Are you sure you're watching the right video?

Even if it got hot, I would step back and line them up one at a time. Plenty of ways to ruin their day and pursuede them to quit acting up; threaten them "if I have to come back..." run their IDs, make them write statements...etc. It was just a domestic call with no complainant nor injuries.

With one hand I imagine?

Seriously doubtful. That's an easy way to get your weapon taken from your holster and getting yourself killed.

Domestic disputes in my state is mandatory for SOMEONE to go to jail to alleviate the threat. Not to mention, all weapons removed from the home until court decides otherwise.
edit on 19-6-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
After the first one I would have probably shot another 2. Guy coming up the stairs and the guy reaching into his car.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Well, as a firearms instructor I often hear a saying I am not real fond of..."Never point a gun at something you don't intend to kill". I'm not sure where this saying came from, but when I hear it I correct them by saying..."Never point a firearm at something you are not willing to kill"

The two statements are dramatically different. One statement speaks to intent, the other speaks to understanding of the risks.

Murderous intent will get you in trouble sooner or later.

I'll leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Domestic disputes in my state is mandatory for SOMEONE to go to jail to alleviate the threat. Not to mention, all weapons removed from the home until court decides otherwise.

Correct, and this is a law in many states...and it's a colossally stoopid law too! It does nothing to de-escalate the situation. If anything it escalates the matter. Maybe not that night, but the next day...or the next time one of them gets drunk, or high, or whatever. Whomever made this law ought to have to go participate in the domestic complaint responses by LEO's. Common sense (and an IQ of a 5th grader) should tell anyone, whomever got arrested will almost certainly be back (i.e. all their stuff is there), and when they do come back they're going to be pissed!

People should only go to jail when a crime, punishable by jail, has been committed.

AND...had this law not been in force, the drunk dude on the porch would not be dead. He might have been a total douche bag gang banger, he might have even deserved the death penalty...but he didn't earn it that day.

ETA - In my opinion, these laws actually encourage events like this. Most LEO's know domestics are some of the most dangerous calls of all to respond to. Laws create elevated risks for LEO's, and even encourage hyper-defensive 'shoot 'em' mentality.

edit on 6/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'm old and have little training, but could have separated them easily.

Of course you could have. Never have and never will, but totally could.

No, the officer didn’t handle it perfectly. With the benefit of hindsight and not even being there in the first place it’s pretty easy to claim what one would or wouldn’t have done. And that’s really all most of this is, armchair quarterbacking.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I watched the video. The topless fella made the first mistake by violently pushing his wife in front of the cop. Why do that? That's just asking for trouble. The cop had no other choice but to intervene.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I know some cops would have pulled out their weapon on the guy reaching into his car. At first, even I thought the guy reaching into his car was gonna pull out a firearm in retaliation or something...

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Some of these posts don't even deserve a reply.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Then don’t.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join