It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traveler to the Interior of the Hollow Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Notme

Thank you so much for that lesson in geology. I truely appreciate your post. I always felt that the earths core was heated and the deeper you went underground the hotter it would get. I do have one question though that still puzzles me, If you go underground in a cavern, how come it is always much cooler? Correct me if I am wrong. Is it actually because the rock layer does not absorb the heat from the earths surface, penetrated by the sun?

I hope you understand what I am asking..

thanks again

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
If anyone is intrested lets pull together some serious diggers and fund our own program to see what is actually under our feet.

I admire the candoitness of the proposition but it would take millions to do this. I don't recall how deep the deepest one is, but no one hase ever drilled,dug or sampled the mantle, everything that anyone's ever been able to drill into has been the crust, no one has ever drilled thru the crust.

Of course, magma flows up to the surface, and sometimes peices of what are thought to be the mantle come out, and there are even entire formations that are thought o be remnants of mantle/crust systems that are closer to the surface now, but no one's ever actively drilled to it. Thats how thick the crust is. And whats most bizzare is that its not thick at all. I've heard that, if the planet were reduced to the scale of an apple, then the crust would be thinner than the skin.

Im sure funding would come from all areas for this study.

Most drilling done on the planet is for oil and other resources, tho pure research digs do go on. I think that the deepest borehole might be one thats at least now or until recently was being done for research only (but may've started as an economic bore)

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeliriousOk if the Earth is hollow then what makes the Earth rotate? The Earth rotates because the core flows with the magma flow, which is a circular flow around the core. Thats where gravity comes from.

wrong wrong wrong wrong.

the earth rotates because eons ago an alien spaceship docked at Mt. Everest. The ship stayed for 3 days and then prepped to leave. Sadly, the idiot alien, named gilligan, forgot to untie the ship. So, off the ship flew and the rope pulled on the earth and the earth started spinning. It hasn't stopped yet.

With regards to gravity, I'm surprised you don't understand that one. These same aliens that accidentally put the earth's rotation in place also left behind space trash, which they dutfully buried deep within the earth. This trash consisted mostly of mcAlien burger wrappers. These wrappers tend to "pull" on objects that outside of the earth's core.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Notme

Thank you so much for that lesson in geology. I truely appreciate your post. I always felt that the earths core was heated and the deeper you went underground the hotter it would get. I do have one question though that still puzzles me, If you go underground in a cavern, how come it is always much cooler? Correct me if I am wrong. Is it actually because the rock layer does not absorb the heat from the earths surface, penetrated by the sun?

I hope you understand what I am asking..

thanks again

That is true and is relative to where you begin. The effect is only temporary until you start getting very deep (beyond a couple thousand meters).
The Radius of the Earth is approximately 6371 km or 3956 miles so our 2.5 mile deep mine is 0.063% (about 1/200th) of the way into the earth, not even thru the earth's crust. Beyond that, the temperature would be too great for humans. Thats why mining companies are spending money on development of robotic mining machines that can handle the heat.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
what a load of utter,utter drivel!!

where do these people come from?

Id,like to believe in the whole hollow earth thing but this is just to much!

More and more the people will forget their souls and care about their bodies. The greatest sin and corruption will reign on this earth. People will become as ferocious animals, thirsting for the blood and death of their brothers. The ?Crescent? will grow dim and its followers will descend into beggary and ceaseless war. Its conquerors will be stricken by the sun but will not progress upward and twice they will be visited with the heaviest misfortune, which will end in insult before the eye of the other peoples. The crowns of kings, great and small, will fall...one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight....There will be a terrible battle among all the peoples. The seas will become red...the earth and the bottom of the seas will be strewn with bones...kingdoms will be scattered...whole peoples will die...hunger, disease, crimes unknown to the law, never before seen in the world.

hes a happy chappy eh!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Interesting, but too good to be true. Maybe a massive "world" was dug out by people before us, but not likely...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
lol, and then we'd have to redevise a new theory of plate techtonics... Some theorists simply go a little overboard, If i see proof, I'll believe.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
you do know that the radius of the earth is about 1300 miles deep

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Iron Dragon says:

"Lets see, using piR2Xdepth, that comes out to be around 28 million cubic yards of material.... using 26 cubic yard 18 wheeler trucks to remove it, that would be around 1 million, one hundred thousand truck loads.... so I kinda doubt it.

Actually, the formula for the volume of a sphere (yeah, yeah, I know it's an oblate spheroid, but whatever) is 4/3 pi r^3, so even if you leave a crust a thousand miles thick, you�re talking about 4/3 pi (2000)^3 or about (4.188) (8,000,000,000) or 33,504,000,000 cubic miles of stuff, which is (hold on to your hat, now) (5,451,776,000) X (33,504,000,000) or 182,656,303,104,000,000,000 (that�s 182.5 quintillion) cubic yards. You�d need 7,025,242,427,076,923,077 or a skosh more than seven quintillion truckloads.

And don�t ask me where you�re going to put it!

Remember, don�t take extrusive igneous rock for granite; it�s not gneiss to do so.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
velvet says:

"you do know that the radius of the earth is about 1300 miles deep."

The radius of the Earth is the distnce from the center to the surface, and is about 4000 miles.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
you do know that the radius of the earth is about 1300 miles deep

As said about, but I'd say about 5000. So you think from UK to Australia is only 1300 miles? Because that is one side of the world to the other...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
you know what would be cool?

a steel cage debate between hollow earth folks and flat earth folks.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Could it be possible that there are hollow pockets in the earth? maybe other creatures live there?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The Radius of the Earth is approximately 6371 km or 3956 miles so our 2.5 mile deep mine is 0.063% (about 1/200th) of the way.
the miners have to work in high temperatures , more than 50C or 122F
The temperature of the earth's crust increases downward at about 30�C for every kilometer of increased depth
That means a 3 kilometer deep mine might reach temperatures of nearly 100 C (nearly the boiling point of water).

limit of tunnel depth is imposed by a change in the physical properties of rocks, which occurs from about 10 to 20 km depth, depending on local conditions and rock type. At those depths, rocks begin to flow plastically, like taffy, and any opening would slowly squeeze shut. The flow is temperature-sensitive very slow at the top of the plastic zone (about 350 C), but would become faster as temperature increased (toward 500-600 C).

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If this was real the government would have everything but killed him by now. And it also has nothing do to with other theories like the Reticulan EBEs giving the Element 115 to the government.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Man if this story could get anymore bs..................

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Okay. Easily debunked. ...But what if? ...What if there really are wondrous caves and caverns beneath the earth - maybe not an earth hollow at the core, but one linked by hollows through the mantle? ...Most mythologies and ancient traditions - from North America to the Middle East to Siberia - speak of an underground world. FYI - My dreams say it's true - and tell me that's how to survive climate extremes on the surface.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This is a wild subject thats for sure. But then again so are aliens. Here is a link for a voyage to our hollow earth in 2006.
Please forgive me if this link has been posted before.

www.voyagehollowearth.com...

They say they will be sending back info to websites, ect.....I personally cannot wait to see what they come up with to keep these folks that are paying such a huge amount of money to go from going off on them if they do not find what they are looking for.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
DUDE- REALLY !!

GIVE ME SOME OF THAT STUFF. SECOND THOUGHT DON'T. IT SOUNDS LIKE A BAD TRIP !!

Alien doctor drops alien boy on head and he then suddenly reapeares 6 months later !!

What a Maroooooon !

Good writer though !
Truth

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
And I thought it was mind-numbing to read the transcripts from the 2004 election debates. I think this one wins. However, I do think that I will look for an E-book of this book that it is taken from. Should be an interesting read either way.

The part that boggles my mind is the contradiction of his super-human blood and the fact that they took away his medical. As someone posted, I have hardly seen a doctor over the last few years and I just have normal blood. Outside of that, the whole thing with the hollowed earth is just too far out there...even for me. And I can usually find some factual base to a claim. This one stretches it to a new level.

[edit on 6/11/2005 by neosnightmare]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join