It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I Take a Trip to the Fairy Realm?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Woodcarver

I believe him.

Just because you are disconnected from the other dimensions — doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

His experience is identical in many ways to thousands of other documented accounts.
Why would you believe him? Do you regularly accept stories with nothing to support their claims? That seems like a bad idea.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. To accept a claim such as this without anything but a story to back it up is the epitome of naivety. By definition.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Woodcarver

His experience is identical in many ways to thousands of other documented accounts.

Yes. In other words, the story is well-known. We also know what conclusions we're being asked to make. Here's the story. Now just jump right in. You know the drill.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
To be fair to the OP, he did post this in the Gray Area, which is specifically for stories without any evidence to back it up. I don't think I believe it, or that it wasn't just a very vivid dream, but I wasn't there so I'm not going to belittle OP for telling his/her tale.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
In lore, fairies are considered nature spirits. Although I never hear this mentioned, a spirit is, or was once, attached to a physical form as in a spirit of the deceased or a spirit of a living being (AKA astral travel). Accepting that your story was true and your premise correct, In this context then, it makes sense to think that a nature spirit would be connected to something living (or previously living) in nature.

To be able to interact with these nature spirits, they appeared to your mind in human form and in a human setting. The actual physical result was getting your tent raided by some candy seeking critters associated with the nature spirits your saw in your altered state of consciousness.

Were you communicating with the living spirits of real animals, or were the animals under the direction of disembodied spirits?

Also there is the ET alien abduction angle and the connection made by some to the fairy realm. The idea here being that both experiences are caused by the same thing, but are influenced by the era and popular culture.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Homefree

I’m going with..... you made this all up.

Have you never had a vivid dream that seemed like it was real? I’d say that was a more likely explanation.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I'm going to assume that you went to the sleep realm.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Sure, but most on us can identify that it is in fact just a very realistic dream. We can draw the line between dream and odd waking experience.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Most of the time I’d agree, though just the other week I had a dream if that’s what it was that seemed just as real as anything experienced in everyday reality. I wondered if I was in fact experiencing the astral realm. I’ve also had dream experiences where I had knowledge or access to knowledge of things I couldn’t possibly have known about.
As if I was in communication with a greater intelligence.

I should really keep a dream journal to record them while still fresh in my mind.

Have you or anyone else had a dream that has had a profound effect on you?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I set a mouse trap near the rip in my tent.
About 3 a.m. I heard a snap and a bunch of coon cuss-words.
Vivid dream...yeah. I can accept that.
Holy hell was it ever vivid though.
How I slept through it is beyond my reckoning.
It was a cool dream, if that is all it was.
I wouldn't mind going back.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Tent in a bamboo forest?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: R2019

Tent in a bamboo forest?
Absolutely darned-tootin'. Life is good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join