It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are shallow people actually matrix NPC´s

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

90% of people are fake

edit on 12-10-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
really really hate this extremely boring and unoriginal line of thought.
all it does is inspire solipsism and arrogance.
"oh, i FEEL real, therefore i AM real, therefore anyone i don't have a fulfilling relationship with is NOT real, therefore i can do what i want"
ridiculously creepy, if you ask me.
we've already had at least one post in this thread talking about 'farming' npcs for experience. where does that lead?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Phat loot?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: continuousThunder

Phat loot?

Legendaries are only available to vegans apparently...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
In answer to the thread title question;

Evidence shows that shallow people are in fact the Source Players, not the NPCs...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

That is a very interesting statement, it sounds familiar to me.

The NPC's are what we would call "soulless ones".

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
90% of people are fake.

I suppose it's possible. I personally only know a tiny fraction of the total number of supposed "people" out there. Most people in the world I only know as faceless statistics, like "there are a billion people in China." Theoretically. And we all know that theoretical people are not the same as real people. If so many people were real, then you'd think I'd be affected more by nearly 50,000 of them dying every day. Yet, I am not.

I'm not sure whether my brain is making all of them up because it would be crazy to think there really are only about a million people in the world total. So my brain makes up the difference to keep me from catching on that this is all a charade or theater, because if I knew what the real reality of it was, I might not want to participate. It's like a very elaborate prison built to convince me that I'm free when I really am not.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I suppose that the real ratio of souls to soulless is very small, I would estimate 1 in 5000.
Its not that there aren't a lot of souls, it is that there is a lot of soulless ones compared to that amount.
edit on 22-10-2019 by SourceTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
I swear, I have met many shallow people that would fit the description - dialog with them may seem interesting at first, but soon you realize that they have no depth in their characters and you run out of things to talk about - just like in role-play computer games.

-MM

Maybe your not as interesting as you think,or perhaps your not asking people the right questions to further conversation and therefore are the one who lacks depth and could be an NPC?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
ive been living with that same feeling my whole life...i long concluded that not everyone has souls...there are infact "normal" or "natural" human beings with the most basic of instincts to function..almost like watching skrym or oblivion NPCs talk to each other...these people stop mod conversation and just glare at their phone....but when some other NPC comes along talking about sports or the latest phone...theyre all into that basic nonsense

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Too much internet time is unhealthy. Now i understand

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Who's job is it to sort these fake people from the real?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I swear, I have met many shallow people that would fit the description - dialog with them may seem interesting at first, but soon you realize that they have no depth in their characters and you run out of things to talk about - just like in role-play computer games.

Can you please explain an example of the dialog you've had with such a person, also please explain the environment and conditions present at the time. For example, how were u feeling and how were they feeling when the dialog occurred ? What was happening all around you during said dialog, where were you at, what time of day was it... so on so forth.

More details pls.

leolady

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

I've met many people - I even have some relatives that are like this - that have nothing underneath their shallow nature.

-MM
edit on 9-1-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Oh, sit down, hippy. :p

A million times more complicated and interesting than a video game NPC? Everyone?

I'm guessing you never met my ex-father-in-law. 65+ years on the planet and all he ever does is drink cheap beer and talk about three or four other times he did a thing while also drinking lots of beer.

Cullen from Dragon Age has more depth than he does.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join