It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Yong-chol: 'Purged' N Korean diplomat appears with Kim

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That's true . There's some good fact checkers here , but some are just hot air blowers . You get a nose for it , not being credulous .

Just speculating of course , as to why this story came out . Just because it's fake doesn't make the incident of it's arising instantly dismissable . Someone had a reuters link on the thread . But it came out the same 24h day that the real story of the CBI threatening the Tory Party leadership candidates over not allowing a no deal brexit scenario to develop . Obviously , they're going to be pretty serious about it . Do you think perhaps they might go to the extent of producing this story , which indeed "invokes the threat of death over not making a deal" . "Make a deal of else" , that was exactly the message the CBI had .
If , and it is an if , they or some of their media agents , are going to start coining these kind of themes in fake news , as a means of conveying veiled threat (executions / assasinations) that means they're serious , as in , they mean it . Thinking about it , therein could be most of the reason why we haven't left yet . REalistically speaking , the EU started out , as the ECSC , Coal and Steel , that's like a version of the CBI in itself , big businesses sticking together , lobbying as a group interest. It suits the corporate heads to remain or make a deal . It's easy to see why , as their companies will be the ones who perhaps will pay most for Brexit , re-ordering cross border exchanges which they previously had simplifies for the themselves via the E Union

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not all of us.

Most of us.

Trump ?

Yep. The first thing the media did was beat Trump over the head with something he had nothing to do with. Again.

Seems to me the story was about showing Kim is a madman leader to be feared and reviled , people like feared and reviled it gives them something to worry about.

To a reasonable person that is what the story is about. The media is not filled with reasonable people. It's filled with unhinged anti-Trump zealots who will use ANY story to justify an attack on the President.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Most of us.

Then what did we see that you didn't ? There could be important lessons in that . Assuming all the relevant assumptions of course .

I maybe we gauged it on the relative gravity of the story . I said " it's very heavy if true " . It would have mattered , quite a lot .
A similar kind of gravity gauging , which involved Gortex as well at the time as it happens who registered on an early thread I made about Khassogi when the public story was only about an hour old . We knew pretty much straight away this was not only very likely true but also a very "heavy" deal , a weighty matter . Eventually it became so , but most people didn't really have or use a gauge to measure the weight of it , to identify its importance . They some dismissed it at first , not as fake , but some said "not of relevance( to America )" etc Some people that commented just didn;t get that big deal element , didn;t compute the facts , and it actually took several days for the reality to sink in for most other people / newsfeeds / commentators . It took several days for Khassogi murder in the Embassy to become a well known story . Talking in absolutes , none of us knows for sure when it all comes second hand , but it's a real world and most probably Khassogi is not still with us anymore , doesn't write for the Washington Post or get interviewed anymore either . Most stories aren't fake , (disagreement with another poster) but this one is now at least of some interest for other reasons .

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

But we all fell for it anyway.

Not all of us.

The media wants to hurt Trump and his efforts in any way it can.

Trump ?
Seems to me the story was about showing Kim is a madman leader to be feared and reviled , people like feared and reviled it gives them something to worry about.

I think the idea is that the media jumped on this story with excitement because they want the talks to fail, despite that being bad for the US, as long as it's bad for Trump, that's what they want. They loved this story because to them it's another sign of just how badly the talks failed. They didn't bother doing any verification, it was bad for Trump in their eyes, so they just reported it.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

As Paul Anka and Lisa Simpson once sung 'just don't look.'

Change the channel, it's that simple. Commercial MSM have a sneaky way of turning opinion pieces into "news" FOX is especially good at this, hell the other day after they attacked the left and this genius discussed the liberal candidacy and he said and I quote verbatim "it's a marathon, not a sport."

It's a marathon not a sport. I'm pretty sure the international Olympic committee would strongly f'in disagree. If you want news, stay away from commercial stations because you can almost smell the BS.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join