It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My reason to walk away

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

As I stated in a recent post, from now on I will indicate out and in the open when I am testing one's standards of debate, rather than use it as a test of abilities to put action to words.

Can you please stop with all of this self-congratulatory egotistical nonsense?

This is what you look like for several pages in this thread.

Now then, can I get you an empty glass?

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No.

Insulting me only fuels these posts...

Call my posts and me what you will... those are the traps within ATS that I long fell numb to. Now that I learned my questioning has to be even more elementary going forward, I'm just going to keep on asking questions... you all will have to learn to live with it.

If any participants are anything like I am in practice of, the moment a direction or group identity marker shows up in debate, not just rants that are offered a pass at decency, it gets ignored. People don't care how much one person knows when they know how much one person cares more and more every day.

I love you regardless of my gained perception by others... it's the action of urging care over knowledge that I am in pursuit of. I may not know much, but I care a whole lot more than the average person.

If OP rants continue to run with no plan of action, can we at least stipulate in the OP that the thoughts and reflections that may differ any or questioned be not spoken of? Rants used as a path to keep insulting others is causing divide among sensible adults more and more every day.

Every single OP rant in ATS will have comments by me going forward. When standards improve, so will the healings of divide. That's what I plan to do about divide, which is way more than the common ATS OP rant.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Isn't that exactly what a consumer economy is tho? Just redistribution of wealth is done through selling and purchasing goods.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I voted for Obama twice, not because I thought he was wonderful, but because I couldn’t stand the thought of Sarah Palin becoming prez if McCain died and my prejudice against Romney’s Mormon faith (I’ve come to admire Mormons since then).

What changed me from registered Democrat to Republican (but actually more of an independent) was Ferguson, Missouri. I’ve always supported cops, who have to go wherever people are doing the worst things and deal with them, often while being verbally and physically abused by perps and bystanders.

When the Obama admin, news media, celebrities, blacks and Left in general assumed the officer shot the gentle giant for no good reason and tried and condemned him before the facts were in, it was the hair that broke the camel’s back for me. I lost all sympathy for African Americans and did a 180 on my politics.

Since then I’ve rejected the concept that government can solve society’s problems. I’ve become a confirmed capitalist, albeit with the understanding that companies and business people can be just as immoral as governments and must be held accountable for their actions, as should all of us.

When Trump said he wanted to build a wall and deport illegal aliens, I became an instant supporter. It was music to my ears — a candidate who unapologetically proposed to enforce our laws. Unbelievable! He has disappointed me many times, I disagree with some of his positions and he says and tweets things that make me cringe, but he’s still the best thing to come along in decades.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: Nothin

This is a full on Leper Island I am living on it seems. There's an extreme personal desire to be accepted amongst the vulnerability herd immunity that thrives vibrantly on the main land... the common citizen just has no idea how to cure my disease, nor do I.

Sincerely, being wrong in my life is one of my greatest joys. Not only has it enabled me to learn at rates of which did not occur prior to my conscious state programming dictations at such high and common levels, but it's been found that it's the practice of empathy towards others that turns that 'learning' switch on.

Learning is what one does for themselves... education is what another does for us...

It surely may be that I am an odd one without doubt, but I am human just like the rest of us here. The paths of mental and spiritual exploration will certainly find that I fail and am wrong in the not so distant future. At those times, such as learning how to approach this war vs. ATS ranting I've embarked on, I will lick my wounds, shed a few tears and reflect on the pain it caused, develop a course of action that may keep me safer upon climbing to new heights, then strap on my boots and go again. Rain, wash, and repeat... over and over again until this vessel expires.

Not only am I willing to modify my methods, but I am capable of doing so. All with a full on understanding that I can't do this on my own... we NEED each other more than ever in these difficult times. It is merely my wish that those that need a trail to follow start to learn to cut their own path, while those that cut new paths and leave trails call me out on my wrongs.

As it pertains to ATS ranting, I will certainly try to alter my methods. Rather than trap OP's into base concepts, I will indicate that I am doing so openly from now on... that's where I will start. Right or wrong, movement will occur by me and I will type to fight another day. Not only that, but if a rant indicates any level of empathy or self involvement in OP's I pledge to stop and thank the OP for positive contributions... then carry on to share what my thoughts on the concern of specifics are.

As time goes forward and my comments in rants trend towards being positively reinforced as opposed to being bombarded with my woes within another's rant starts to occur or if others call for missing action at a higher clip... well, it just may drop a few Leper laced tears on my end. Whether it be a harsh or smooth ride, the unification of ALL starts with I.

I sincerely thank you, Nothin! Please... please continue to call me out on where I could improve and be wrong. Mentor(s) that specialize in mental Leprosy are in short supply, and extinction is on the not so distant horizon.

Oh my: are you referring to me: ..."...Mentor(s) that specialize in mental Leprosy..."... ?
That's like an insult, and a compliment, all mixed-up in a psychological fricassée!

So you describe your feeling about these Rants, as a "disease" ?
One's personal exile may be viewed by others as a disease, but it might not appear the same from the Island viewpoint.

Do you want to look at ..."...this war vs. ATS ranting I've embarked on..."... , and what is the driving force?

It's good that you are already going to alter your methods and all, but are you clear on the 'why' ?

As in: why is your desire to have OP's look for solutions, more important that their need to dump some frustration?

What's wrong with this OP's solution of just walking-away from something that has disappointed him?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join