It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thermodynamic experts chime in-- odd hot/cold event in residential dishwasher

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: therainmaker

From the OP:

My family discussed this for a while and then I went back to emptying the dishwasher.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: therainmaker

Having worked with cryogenic liquids as well as overly warm glass (I'm a Chemsit, who works in an industrial scale). Something REALLY hot can feel ice cold sometimes, its how your nerves interpret it. Crysgenic burns are far different than heat ones (in that they tend to burst the cells) but those burns can feel like you stuck your hand into a fire (on occasion liquid nitrogen gets under one of my rings and gets trapped).

So from a purely non esoteric perspective, your nerves might have played a trick.'

Thermodynamics? Nah, you can't have an ice cold thing in a hot environment like that, not if its been hot for the whole cycle.

Esoterically? Yeah I guess? I've not had that happen to me, but I guess its possible? It seems like a trick the Good Folk would play, I tend to bribe the hell out of mine.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes, my wife and in-laws were awake, I showed them what I had found and we discussed it briefly. My wife didn't want to make a scene in front of her mom so she sort of shrugged her shoulders but was quietly in a panic as she told me later. Part of the reason I reached out here as neither of us could think of an explanation. Highly unusual for something so odd to occur.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join