It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Mother of all migrants’ caravans’ is forming up in Honduras: interior secretary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: LSU2018

The political parties coaxing part is debatable but I would also like to add immigrants back then came and supported themselves. I feel that has changed and many are coming for benefits by moving in with legal relatives.

I also believe in the %10 theory where if %10 or more of any outside entity merges with another entity problems ensue and assimilation cannot happen fast enough to appease the native population. New kids on the block tend to annoy the old guard when they start to see their numbers and ways of living challenged.

Sure we can debate it, but I think it's obvious. In 1996, Bill and Hillary brought up the dangers of the border and increased Border Patrol, they also increased law enforcement in neighborhoods with the higher crime rates and the only issues we had were by the rappers who claimed to live in ghettos and Mexican rappers who claimed to move drugs across the border. In the 80's and 90's, the Mexicans and South Americans who DID come here illegally were usually assimilating to American culture while keeping their heritage at a personal level. Because of that, nobody had a problem. It wasn't until they started infiltrating and pushing their country above ours, etc., that everyone started having issues with their illegal crossings.

To see how things have changed, look at George Bush from the 90's and his ideology along with other Republicans and their ideology hasn't changed. Look at the Clinton's and democrats ideology from the 90's and that ideology would be considered racist among other democrats today.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Am I detecting sarcasm in your post? How is that tweet being a traitor? Pointing out the inhumane treatment of asylum seekers is being a traitor? I find that particular tweet patriotic, we as Americans can do better than herding these people under a bridge in a gated parking lot..

I agree. They should pushed back across the border where thousands of unoccupied acres would leave them room to stretch their legs and head back home where they belong.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Am I detecting sarcasm in your post? How is that tweet being a traitor? Pointing out the inhumane treatment of asylum seekers is being a traitor? I find that particular tweet patriotic, we as Americans can do better than herding these people under a bridge in a gated parking lot..

As we move into the era of balanced budgets and smaller government, we must work in new ways to enable people to make the most of their own lives. We are helping America's communities, not with more bureaucracy, but with more opportunities. Through our successful Empowerment Zones and Community Development Banks, we are helping people to find jobs, to start businesses. And with tax incentives for companies that clean up abandoned industrial property, we can bring jobs back to places that desperately, desperately need them.

But there are some areas that the federal government should not leave and should address and address strongly. One of these areas is the problem of illegal immigration. After years of neglect, this administration has taken a strong stand to stiffen the protection of our borders. We are increasing border controls by 50 percent. We are increasing inspections to prevent the hiring of illegal immigrants. And tonight, I announce I will sign an executive order to deny federal contracts to businesses that hire illegal immigrants.

Let me be very clear about this: We are still a nation of immigrants; we should be proud of it. We should honor every legal immigrant here, working hard to become a new citizen. But we are also a nation of laws.

Bill Clinton - 1996 SOTU Address

What the hell happened to the democrats?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

As we move into the era of balanced budgets and smaller government, we must work in new ways to enable people to make the most of their own lives. We are helping America's communities, not with more bureaucracy, but with more opportunities. Through our successful Empowerment Zones and Community Development Banks, we are helping people to find jobs, to start businesses. And with tax incentives for companies that clean up abandoned industrial property, we can bring jobs back to places that desperately, desperately need them.

But there are some areas that the federal government should not leave and should address and address strongly. One of these areas is the problem of illegal immigration. After years of neglect, this administration has taken a strong stand to stiffen the protection of our borders. We are increasing border controls by 50 percent. We are increasing inspections to prevent the hiring of illegal immigrants. And tonight, I announce I will sign an executive order to deny federal contracts to businesses that hire illegal immigrants.

Let me be very clear about this: We are still a nation of immigrants; we should be proud of it. We should honor every legal immigrant here, working hard to become a new citizen. But we are also a nation of laws.

They know they have lost the majority of their voting base. The middle class.

So, they have resorted to pandering to every far out fringe group - the Islamists, the transgenders, the homeless druggies ANDthey know that they will forever be in power once they are able flood the country with illegals and then give them the right to vote in our elections.

And everyone knows this is why they fight tooth and nail to keep the illegals coming in.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: LSU2018

They know they have lost the majority of their voting base. The middle class.

So, they have resorted to pandering to every far out fringe group - the Islamists, the transgenders, the homeless druggies ANDthey know that they will forever be in power once they are able flood the country with illegals and then give them the right to vote in our elections.

And everyone knows this is why they fight tooth and nail to keep the illegals coming in.

Exactly. Meanwhile Trump has more support from the black community than any other Republican president in the past because he doesn't pander, he actually makes moves that count and helps those who deserve help.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
meanwhile, all Democrat led enclaves have become literal cesspools. Havens for homeless druggies and they more they try to "help" they more of the same they get.

Everything the Govt. subsidizes it gets more of.

But the Dems take for granted their own constituents once they are secure that they have their vote. Ie. The Democrats took for granted they would always have the middle class and the black community.

That's why they need a new welfare class to subsidize to guarantee future Democrat victories in elections.

It's all so obvious if you only open your eyes and ears.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Waterglass

We need to have martial law declared on a 1 mile swath of the border. Civil laws can be suspended along with habeas corpus. That means it doesn’t matter if they set foot on our side . They will have no rights .

After the Patriot Act I thought we already have martial law.

If you are serious then you obviously don't know what Martial Law is.

You obviously missed that drama in Boston some years back.

ZOMG A 17 YEAR OLD IS ON THE LOOSE!!!!!!!!

Nope didnt miss that but a shelter in place request is not martial law.. Unless of course your tinfoil hat is on too tight.

I'm sure the people that died or were injured by that waste of flesh lol'd at him being a 17 year old.
edit on 30-3-2019 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Finland's suggestion of having "fetters" attached to migrants clearly indicates that the government of Finland is not interested in applying the law and that it is interested in keeping all illegal migrants!

The law for rejected Asylum seekers and illegal migrants is DEPORTATION !
If country of origin is not known, deportation is to be done towards the Sahel and Lybia where EU military should be busy in stopping their departure, rather than facilitating it. Maybe Kosovo could be a good destination for their deportation. Let's see how welcoming are Albanians towards foreigners.
edit on 31-5-2019 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
... they can stop a Super Tanker from delivering oil and they can arrest the crew. No Problem, but when it comes to migrants, being illegally smuggled to Europe ... NO NO ... you can't stop them and you can't expel the illegals .

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join