It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Alien life, invasion, evolution, and the possible extinction of the human race are all found in Wells' 1898 novel The War of the Worlds.
The book tells the story of a Martian invasion of Earth. The Martians, fleeing their own planet because its resources are depleted, invade our Earth, landing in England, sweeping through the countryside, destroying or capturing everything in their path.

Any effort by the humans to thwart the Martian advance is crushed; the alien invaders seem unstoppable. Unstoppable until the very end of the book when a common germ eliminates the Martian threat. The Martians have no natural immunity to the germ - and capitulate.

think it may come true one day? i think this may happen, think about it, there possibly millions of years ahead of us in technology(none that weve seen are this advanced) but anyways, it might be true one day.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
About 4 years ago I was in grade 4 at the time I read this book and still it is one of my fav's. nI loved the whole idea of the end of the world and the stuggle to survive and it may intrest you to know my freind that a war of the worlds movie is coming out very soon.

join