It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomette

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Bored with live as an old guy that is high in albedo I stumbled today upon probably the latest Sci-Fi movie abhoration : DOOM trailer

Realy I don't mind chicks in a movie and I even enjoyed Captain marvelle (a bit). Girls (sorry woman) kicking ass is fun.

But Doom without 'Doomguy' is as Absurd as replacing thanos with El Chombo in an infinity war sequel

beh just don't call it Doom because it isn't :

voila Doomette :

edit on 3132019 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Big fan of Doom here, but this film makes me sad... seems as lame as the first one, they should maybe stick to games.
Anyway, interesting find.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I think video games are too violent. But man, they are sure fun play!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I agree with you that games are fun play, I disagree that video games are too violent. People are too violent, that's why games/movies developers design their products as such.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This might be ok, but 2 questions.

1. Is this a sequel or related to the first Doom with the Rock and Karl Urban? Didn't see anybody I recognized from the first movie. You said it had a female lead so I was hoping it was the sister from the other one but it's not her.

2. Is this movie at least going to do what I think was the best part of the first movie, al a, the first person shooter videogame-esque sequence? I think I would rent this just to see that, otherwise I'll just wait until it comes out on Netflix/Hulu.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
This might be ok, but 2 questions.

2. Is this movie at least going to do what I think was the best part of the first movie, al a, the first person shooter videogame-esque sequence? I think I would rent this just to see that, otherwise I'll just wait until it comes out on Netflix/Hulu.

That was the worst part of the first movie. A first person movie is a horrible idea. It was painful to watch.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Hardcore Henry was painful to watch so I agree a first person movie is horrible, but I guess I liked the short segment in Doom. It brought back nostalgia from actually playing Doom way back in the day.
Oh well, to each their own.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Realy I don't mind chicks in a movie

This is a really strange thing to say.

I mean, maybe I am just a different kind of guy than you, but, I find that to be a really strange thing to say.

Just really strange.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Of course you're different

But how would you say it ? I'm like the borg I adapt and if it's too liberal I'll take the tech and destroy.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

This is just getting stupid now, replacing men with women in movies for whatever feminazi reason is a bad business move. Captain Marvel was seriously lame as well, gurgle gurgle gush gush, let's see what color outfit looks the best giggle giggle..... Duh.. I thought wonder woman was pretty damn good. I see a lot of Jewish folk are abandoning the dem/progressive/libtard agenda, maybe they'll jump ship in hollyweird as well and get away from the stupid "trend."

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/13.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnorantGod

Big fan of Doom here, but this film makes me sad... seems as lame as the first one, they should maybe stick to games.
Anyway, interesting find.

I definitely prefer the vga dos version over the movie.. this, otoh, deserves a special place in hell.

from whence she would inevitable arrive from some sordid portal, to become a she-demon and be a mega boss, only to inevitably die in a horrendous hot array of destruction, as the protagonist, doomguy, after having defeated, her raised his weapon into the air, to slowly lower it and yell "Nooo, the only woman left, Whyyyyyyy.."

to the doomish beat of a depraved sound track, implying Mrs palmer will be his only companion, now...
Beats the chainsaw, at least..

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Well it's taking down the whole genre... The worst part is that even my GF didn't like Captain marvel that much. But I think it's more than a trend. It's being pushed and paid for , Go woke get broke is a concequence but still CEO's want to push that crap to the fans , ignoring even insulting them. Why ? The only explanation is it that someone pays for that content. Mark Hamill did imply something like that already.. The goes beyond consumers/fans and companies. it's a way to forcefully change American culture. So SCI-fi isn't entertainment anymore it's propaganda.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Well it's taking down the whole genre... The worst part is that even my GF didn't like Captain marvel that much. But I think it's more than a trend. It's being pushed and paid for , Go woke get broke is a concequence but still CEO's want to push that crap to the fans , ignoring even insulting them. Why ? The only explanation is it that someone pays for that content. Mark Hamill did imply something like that already.. The goes beyond consumers/fans and companies. it's a way to forcefully change American culture. So SCI-fi isn't entertainment anymore it's propaganda.

Realistically, it's all propaganda. It doesn't really matter what you watch or listen to, everybody has an agenda. Couple that with the fact that nobody knows what's real anymore and you have a serious problem. The government's have take the last block out of the BS floodgates and we are already neck deep in their crap.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ok, all kidding aside.

Like a movie because it's good, hate a movie because it's bad. But if you instantly hate it because of a character gender swap, it really just makes you a reverse-SJW. It's the same mentality, if you really think about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Not necessarily. The reverse of SJW is labelling people as SJW. That's the same mentality. Hating a movie because you believe it's a bad choice, if it's hating and not just one perception of hate, has nothing to do with SJW except that you seem sexist to people susceptible to be labelled that way.

The right thing to do in such situation, in my opinion, is to ask why the "person in interest" thinks it's a bad choice to swap the character gender in said movie. It can be a rational answer.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

, it really just makes you a reverse-SJW.

oh what a strange thing to say , oh so strange ,just strange

I disagree , it isn't a bout gender ,it's about forcefully destroying the concept. I watched Xena decades ago , at that time the world was sane no problem , strong woman kicking ass GOOD script (BEFORE all the Social crap). Nowadays everything is rebooted and force fed as SJW pasta. That's the problem I'm adresing here , there is no respect for the concept.

Doom without a Doomguy isn't doom that's a fact. I never met any people that were against SJW that force fed their opinion. They all came with facts and fact is that the fandom doesn't like what is happening.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

They lost the Doom soul when they first implemented the previous movie. I mean, Doom at the time of its creation, was all about being max gore to piss people off. What's the mentality behind a movie in general? Pretty much to please the majority. There's a conflict with producing a Doom movie, really, a paradox...
edit on 3 13 2019 by IgnorantGod because: ,

new topics

top topics

join