It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

This story starts off in a quaint little town on the northern outskirts of Montana squished against the Canadian border with a population just over a thousand. The town was called Heath, an otherwise quiet town except for the occasional tourist passing through from Canada on their way to a much more florid part of the country compared to the antiquated and restrained feel of the small town. Even though tourists never stayed long, one could not ignore the captivating view of the Rocky Mountains on their way into the states. The bright blues of the sky paired with the white-streaked dark colored mountains always seemed to draw people in who don’t normally see the scenery on a day to day basis. There was a certain allure to the mountains that captured their gaze. Sometimes for minutes and other times for years depending on the person.
Matthew was a twenty-one-year-old boy who was one such traveler who stopped only to gaze upon its beauty for a couple of minutes but soon realized that this simple, scenic town was an outward representation of his introverted personality and the longer he stared at the jagged, snow smeared mountains, the more he felt at home.
As the weeks passed, he eventually got to know a lot of the residents in the area. They were very polite people always willing to lend a helping hand or offer you leftovers after a late night of work. Matthew liked it here and soon his actions and words reflected the kind hearts and hospitality shown by its population. He knew that while this wasn’t the most exciting life this was the pathway that leads to a noble life; a physical embodiment of “treat thy neighbors as thyself”. Soon, Matthew settled down and found a job as a delivery boy for a local pizza place and while he wasn’t any doctor getting paid six digits a year, it was good, honorable money and it was also enough to pay rent for a studio apartment in the small town not too far away from his place of work.

MOD NOTE.....this is not needed anymore
This story is too long to put into one post so this is just a "preview" I guess. If you want the whole story feel free to message me. Sorry for the lack
of space between dialogue and paragraphs but the character limit limits me.

edit on 7-3-2019 by golden23 because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Mar 7 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: golden23

Ummm...I really enjoyed this...I would love to read the rest of the tale...

I’m probably way off base but, for some reason this sounds as if your relating personal experience...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

No personal experience here except for the fact that my name is Matt lol but I have sent you the full story. There's just the issue of the U2U not being able to be formatted as well as id like it to be

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Ummm...yes, please send the rest to me...or maybe you could link to it here in your thread...

I often ponder and write about what comes next...I would love to explore a different perspective...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

i have already sent it but if it would be easier to read i can link you to my deviantart post of it right here

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Lol I realized I could've just done that in the first place

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing the direct link. I would have been too lax to request a PM. I am glad I was able to easily read your short story well formatted and in greater detail. Well done.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

ah yea my bad. Wasnt thinking at the time of posting.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: golden23

i have already sent it but if it would be easier to read i can link you to my deviantart post of it right here

Ummm...thank you...I finished reading your story and really enjoyed it...

YouSir

top topics

join