It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falmouth (MA) Woman Accused Of Assault Over MAGA Hat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

That's pretty inappropriate behavior, getting cops involved is just too far, cops should be called as a last resort.

Banning her from the restaurant, maybe load a recording onto to her social media pages and Embarrass the crap out of her is reasonable punishment.

I'm not a fan of involving cops especially for petty crap like that.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Krakatoa

That's pretty inappropriate behavior, getting cops involved is just too far, cops should be called as a last resort.

Banning her from the restaurant, maybe load a recording onto to her social media pages and Embarrass the crap out of her is reasonable punishment.

I'm not a fan of involving cops especially for petty crap like that.

I agree, but it does not say the victim here called them. The bartender only says they were called. My bets are on the restaurant staff calling. In this litigious state, having staff attempt to physically take her out could result in a lawsuit against the restaurant. So, many restaurants/bars will defer to police to handle removing unruly patrons. That way, there is no chance that person can sue them.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The thing about irrational people is that you never know how they're going to react.

Say the restaurant did what you suggested and then this lady decides to retaliate in some way. What then?

Law enforcement officers have a duty to perform, this is an instance where that duty was necessary.

Any time people take the law into their own hands, they run the risk of facing punishment themselves.

One of the restaurants I managed was a few blocks away from a major hospital that had a psyche ward. About once a month, we would have someone from that ward wander into the restaurant. It was easy to spot these folks, they were still wearing their hospital gowns and had their associated arm bands on.

Whenever that would happen, I would go up to the person and take them to the booth nearest the To Go entrance (this is usually the entrance they came in anyway) and tell the bartender to give GCPD a call and let them know that UTMB had one of their patients wander away again and they needed a ride back.

Most of the time this was a very uneventful situation, but every now and then the person was agitated and at those times, we ended up clearing the bar/lounge and gave the person some space until the police showed up. One time, it took 2 or 3 officers to wrestle the person to the ground because they were highly agitated.

And yes, I know we aren't talking about a mental patient here with the lady in the OP, but the point is, it is reasonable to conclude that she was maybe a touch on the irrational side considering she made multiple attempts to physically remove the hat from the other patron. That being the case, I can see how restaurant staff might not want to risk the possibility of being injured themselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I guess thats reasonable when you put it that way, I can concede at the very least the cops needed to make the woman move on. I guess I just don't like the idea of cops being involved in petty arguments, eventually just looking at someone sideways will be grounds for arrest .

No doubt this woman was a little irrational, anyone that flips out over the MAGA hat is a little bit mental, to get upset with a stranger without provocation over their choice of vote and subsequent promotion of that through the wearing of the hat.
edit on 23-2-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I guess thats reasonable when you put it that way, I can concede at the very least the cops needed to make the woman move on. I guess I just don't like the idea of cops being involved in petty arguments, eventually just looking at someone sideways will be grounds for arrest .

No doubt this woman was a little irrational, anyone that flips out over the MAGA hat is a little bit mental, to get upset with a stranger without provocation over their choice of vote and subsequent promotion of that through the wearing of the hat is...

...TDS. That is what it is....TDS.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Believe me, if there is ever a law being passed where someone can face repercussions for a funny look, I'll be right there with you with torch, pitchfork, and goon boots.

I can handle mouthy customers with no issues. Had to plenty of times when having to cut someone off because they had had a bit much to drink already.

People get real irate when you put a dent in their drinking of they're serious about it.

But when things start getting physical, that is a whole other ball o wax.
edit on 23-2-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: Typos

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Falmouth (MA) Woman Accused Of Assault Over MAGA Hat

Don't she know her place is in the kitchen making sammiche's and fetching beers.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's sad but not surprising to see the left against the 1st Amendment right to free expression.

The woman was expressing herself using her first amendment right was she not?

So it would appear it's the right looking to censor this woman not the left.

Assault is NOT covered under a first amendment protection. Perhaps you do not understand that little difference?

Who do I have to call at FOX NEWS to tell my horrific story of having my Cardinals hat flipped off my head by a cubs fan at a bar last year? It was complete horror!

I didn't realize it was worthy of National News and outrage at the time, but thanks for straightening me out.

ATS seems more and more like a safe space for Trump snowflakes lately.

Derangement is the adjective that comes to mind.

TDS is when worshipers of the most disliked President in History start to engage in persecution fantasies?

edit on 24-2-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So she's a foulmouth woman from Falmouth 😄

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Perhaps her foulmouth needs to be filleted?

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's sad but not surprising to see the left against the 1st Amendment right to free expression.

The woman was expressing herself using her first amendment right was she not?

So it would appear it's the right looking to censor this woman not the left.

Assault is NOT covered under a first amendment protection. Perhaps you do not understand that little difference?

Who do I have to call at FOX NEWS to tell my horrific story of having my Cardinals hat flipped off my head by a cubs fan at a bar last year? It was complete horror!

I didn't realize it was worthy of National News and outrage at the time, but thanks for straightening me out.

ATS seems more and more like a safe space for Trump snowflakes lately.

Derangement is the adjective that comes to mind.

TDS is when worshipers of the most disliked President in History start to engage in persecution fantasies?

Perhaps you should have taken it up with the local news media? Did you file a police report? No, then why are you whining about it now?

See, politics is vastly more nationalized than a sports team (especially the lowly Cardinals) so I am not surprised. I guess you were asking for it according to some here that say the same for people wearing a red MAGA hat.

You just love hyperbole don't you?

Poor thing....can't handle reality so you need to make light of others bad experiences. It must be sad living your life like that....huh?

<< 2  3  4   >>

join