It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bird flu is flying around, maybe eat beef.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well I was reading this article about a new anti-influenza drug.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Sounds cool, so I figured I would examine the inhibitors of Sialic acid it mentions. So after about three articles I figured influenza A was binding to the Neu5Ac sugar site on the epithelium. so I wondered since the bird flu couldn't effect cows, could the fact that the Neu5Gc.sugar in red meat binds to our cells deter the virus from attaching. So I worded it right and found this article.
jvi.asm.org...

And this one.www.angiesoption.com...

It states that red meat sugars bind to our cells, and other articles I have read say that this meat sugar can cause some inflammation and even promote cancer so I had to read this article and see if it might be beneficial to eat more red meat during the flu season. I guess if you were to eat fish and chicken or reptiles a couple of times a weak, the problematic meat sugar is knocked off and replaced by our sugar or the sugar of birds or fish or reptiles and it gives our body a break to heal. No problem, friday fish fry, one day of chicken.

So in the second article it talks about the avian flu getting stuck to the red meat sugar and it does not work, binding very tight. So it can inhibit the sialic acid sites. So just eat some steak or hamburgers more often in flu season to reduce the severity of the flu? The last sentence of the second article states...The expression of Neu5Gc on human epithelial cells by taking in exogenous Neu5Gc from dietary sources may be related to the restriction of infection of IAVs that have acquired Neu5Gc binding ability.

So is this right, people who eat chicken and fish all the time have more risk of a more severe flu? Is my conclusion right? Now, this will not protect you from the cold, chicken soup helps with that, and also a good homemade special medicinal chicken soup can kill viruses too, as long as it has lots of celery and cabbage and some carrots and sage in it. Made with dark meat with bones of course, the cartilage is a major protector from viruses.

Could use someone else to verify if what I am reading is right. I like trying to hack pharma companies and other research to see if I can find natural ways of doing things. Now maybe a beef soup made with a good soup bone might help to stem viruses more than I thought, it may even be better than chicken soup.

So eat that steak to protect you from the flu

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
i dont eat any meat,cant recall last time i was sick

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Straight-up, the best method that I know of for avoiding flu and other seasonal illnesses is to periodically fast for a couple of days.

I do this every week, while having a huge roast every other Sunday (cheers Mumsy!).

I live in a house with three kids who are all in school (which we all know are germ infested cesspits) and my partner who gets ill simply by hearing someone else sneeze at the other end of a street.

They can all be down with something, off school, in bed, sleeping on sofa etc., and (touch wood) I usually sail right through without so much as a case of the sniffles.

Honestly, if folk are susceptible to catching colds and flu, give fasting a try, there's lots of info online.

Funny thing is, I've been doing this for years just due to a naturally low apetite, I only found out about the scientific basis for its health benefits a couple of years ago and that's when I realised it's probably the reason I can be around sick people and come through fine.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I eat quite a bit of red meat.
I have the flu.

This is the first time I've been sick in years.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I eat quite a bit of red meat.
I have the flu.

This is the first time I've been sick in years.

So, maybe this medicine they are designing won't work. This is what I am looking for, input to find if the whole association is real. Just because research shows something, it does not mean it is real. Now, the thing is that this protects somewhat against Type A, just buffering the infection, not totally destroying it. But there are other factors too, I actually do not think this new treatment will work as well as they say.

Now, have you altered your diet this year over others? Are you not consuming something you did before? Are you out of garlic salt so you do not put it on your steak or have you changed the way you season the meat. Did you cut back on the salt that you are using on it, some of the reactions in our body utilize salt to kill microbes, even temporarily eating salt when you feel sick because food has no flavor can act as a treatment for an illness because it elevates the antimicrobial and antiviral effects in our bodies.

I always put garlic salt on my meat, and usually eat onions on my burgers and put onions into the roaster when cooking a roast. We eat quite a bit of onions for the purpose of keeping our blood from clotting up and leading to brain fog. I do not want to have a stroke like my mother had.

If I eat too much histamine foods or foods that stop the breakdown of histamines I get a runny nose all the time and get hyperhistamine symptoms. It is called Histamine syndrome by some and I do have many genetic markers for that. That means I can overreact if I consume too much histamines. This may have something to do with why I cannot take the flu shot and I do not get the flu bad at all, just minor symptoms that last a day usually. As long as I do not take certain meds that block this reaction, I am immune. Because of this I run the risk of autoimmune issues and hyperammonia though. I used to have proper cravings to balance this, but since I got older, I pay more attention to scientific evidence but know cravings are important too. The problem is they are modifying foods and some of the properties they used to have are gone, so cravings do not help as much anymore. The chemistry the food used to have has been changed, some from government regulations lowering sodium in foods.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bob77
i dont eat any meat,cant recall last time i was sick

If you do not eat any meat, you are eating foods that increase your body's ability to make taurine properly which is a neuromodulator. Taurine is a conditional amino acid, we need quite a bit of it. If you eat all of the required elements to make it, you can make it. Vegetarians usually eat quite a bit of manganese, molebdenum, B6, magnesium, and selenium in the foods they eat, especially if they are eating organic foods or foods grown on mineral rich soils. Manganese is found in high amounts in maple syrup and also in brown sugar or molasses. Raw pure cane sugar has adequate amounts of many minerals.

I can go on and on, but if a person is deficient in any one of the above elements, their ability to make taurine deminishes and they need to get it from food. Taurine is involved in the nitrous oxide cycle so it can increase nitrous oxide in the body at the first sign of an infection because of this nitrites are formed which also kill viruses and bacteria.. Sulfites usually just kill bacteria in our body, at the sign of an infection brewing the body increases sulfites and also sometimes nitrites. Forgive me if I don't make sense on this, I am trying to combine years of research on how medicines work to treat illnesses and deficiencies that increase our immune system failure. Taurine is just one part of this, MOCO enzymes is another part, also some b vitamin deficiences can make people more susceptable. Vitamin C and taurine do similar things, but some people cannot consume citrus because of intolerances and because they can raise histamine levels too high. I do not think that taking high doses of vitamin c all the time is good myself, taking it when you sense a cold coming on helps to stop the cold, but taking high levels for long periods can possibly be harmful. If you crave an orange eat an orange..

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Knock on wood, we're all doing fine so far this winter. I had a nasty bought with a cold in August, but that was it.

We've been eating healthy, whole foods.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The reason people are getting sick is the emp's from solar burst,seems they have an effect on the human body,notice it started the 19th and kind of went away the 23rd,was when solar system passed thru,some of the stories from the bible are seeming to fall in place,hang on things are just getting started

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: rickymouse

The reason people are getting sick is the emp's from solar burst,seems they have an effect on the human body,notice it started the 19th and kind of went away the 23rd,was when solar system passed thru,some of the stories from the bible are seeming to fall in place,hang on things are just getting started

The wife and I didn't get sick when the daughter and her kids got sick and we were over there visiting during the time. We both had a little weird feeling like our immune system quickly got hyperactive, but it lasted about four hours and then we were fine. The histamine boost actually made it so neither of us could fall asleep for hours though.

We eat a lot of real and healthy foods and just finished having chicken and rice soup before going over there. I brought my daughter and her family two big pots of chicken soup in the last week, but it lessened the symptoms but they did not get much better. If you get the soup when you first get a symptom, it stops it pretty easy, I keep telling the daughter to come and watch what I do and learn how to get the particular flavor to be medicinal.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Knock on wood, we're all doing fine so far this winter. I had a nasty bought with a cold in August, but that was it.

We've been eating healthy, whole foods.

Healthy homemade foods at least most meals does help to fight off disease, but if I eat tomato, it hyperhistamines me. If I were to eat a slice of tomato at first sign of a flu, my immune system would attack it quickly. Proper cravings and eating what your craving tells you can help most people, the junk food with too much flavorings in it confuses our immune systems.

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's not worth me starting a thread on this meat topic, so I am just putting it here. It is an article of how much better meat is at building muscle in older people than vegie proteins. It probably applies to younger people too, but this research did not test for that.

scitechdaily.com...

new topics

top topics

join