It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol the True Gateway Drug – DEA Schedule?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I understand the point of your argument, and I'd like to bring up an alternative viewpoint.

Your implication of further regulation, rules, and laws, and the attack on the rights of citizens to make individual decisions might not best serve all Americans. I would counter propose any naturally derived "drug"
Should be legal. Meaning anything grown, or fermented should be legal. Most of the drug wars have very little to do with anything but big business. It's about allowing one group to make money and another to be under control.

We as Americans should be able to decide for ourselves what substance is and is not OK to put in our bodies. Should there be rules? Absolutely. Substance use and driving puts people in danger while impairing the users mental facilities. There are many examples of good rules for this kind of use to keep everyone safe.

Telling people what's good for them and bad for them won't go far. Telling people they can't make their own choices because YOU know better really won't take you far.

The issue has nothing to do with "gateway" drug use. It has everything to do with people not knowing how to use substances responsibly. Drug use itself is not a problem. People need to know what they are taking and how to be safe, not simply told "it's bad mmmkay"

a reply to: Realtruth

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

They don't call it Dutch courage for nothing

Alcohols influence is what leads to trying drugs for first time, Fact!
But essentially lots of money made from alcohol
Lots of bloodshed and heartache caused by it.
But they not gonna ban it, no the just say things like marijuana is the gateway drug when it makes you more reluctant to try harder drugs.

People are wiseing up to the BS

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join