It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May's Government Faces A Confidence Vote, Will Her Government Collapse.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

# it , trump gets a million threads, we are allowed at least 10 brexit yins !

hahaha keep on truckin

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
#yer da's a milkman.

#yer mither sells Avon, loving the Scottish banter, is this an ATS first?

hahah yer maws a welder! and yer maws a janny

aye he did mention whinging scots earlier before he went to the pub !

Phew, it's the real Cornish then.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Corbyn is to low down in the polls ....... so however he can help towards

May making a bigger mess of things (if that was possible) the nearer he gets

to his ambition to be PM?

Corbyn is in the polis? He kept that quiet.

I don't think anyone, let alone Corbyn, wants Corbyn to be PM...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

a reply to: Freeborn

Did I see someone say they were going to get the beer in on the train down to London? Deal me in my friend!

Yeah that was Cornish but I think he said something about kicking # outa folk when he got down their so you might want to just get the bus with me and Sprocket we're just going to shout FREEDOM!!!! at random people in full highland dress.

Well, I did say I'd try and meet Cornish down there (where is Tone anyway? He's been absent in the past couple of Brexit convo's) but I can't invade England, especially London, without wearing my kilt.

I hope there will be an official ATS Rallying Point...

He was about earlier on said something about not trusting Corbyn to watch his pint when he goes for a piss then something something.... profanity ..something ...."You scots!!"

So you know his usual.
Lol! Star for making me laugh!

I agree I said I wouldn't trust Corbyn to mind my pint when I went for a piss at the pub, but I've been 'Scot friendly' in this thread, and for the last couple of weeks, something something... false accusations...something!
...and I didn't say I was fighting in London, just that I'd be catching a train there if we don't leave the EU.

Oh, and regarding my attendance at the pub, yes I am there every day. All meals are £2.50, all alcoholic drinks are £2.50. Tea and coffee is £1.00.
I'm walking down in an hour or so, full cooked breakfast, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 fried eggs, 1 hash brown, baked beans, 2 grilled tomato halves, and 2 toast, plus a mug of tea - £3.50
I've given up cooking these days, free newspapers there as well as banter with other regulars.

Believe it or not there is a Scottish guy there who I like as well, he's funny as #

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Cassi3l

the other has 26 pages so lets migrate to that one ?

And become immigrants? NOOOOO.....

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'm walking down in an hour or so, full cooked breakfast, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 fried eggs, 1 hash brown, baked beans, 2 grilled tomato halves, and 2 toast, plus a mug of tea - £3.50

Wow those are some good prices enjoy them while you can because after brexit it’s going to cost you 2 and a half bags of £50’s plus you eldest daughter just go get the toast.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Lol, nah my pub will be safe. The landlord makes a loss there but he is old school grew up poor and wants 'the local' to be a thing for his community. He owns 5 other tourist pubs which are £25 minimum meals, and they subsidise his favourite pub.
He never works in the tourist pubs, he's got bar managers, he hates the fakeness of the touristy scene.

The falling £ has been fantastic for us last summer, never seen so many German and French plated cars driving around. Everyone has noticed that big foreign cash injection, and eventually it trickles down so everyone benefits. You won't see us crying down here with a weak £ because it brings in foreign tourists.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

Guys, let's get a consensus here
stay on this thread, or go to t'other ?

Threadxit !!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: sapien82

aye he did mention whinging scots earlier before he went to the pub !

It was me who went to the pub - just got back - and I never said anything about 'whinging Scots'!

The topic was avoided in the pub until May's inspiring speech to the nation....which resulted in a resounding '# 'em', No Deal and bring it on, even from some Remainers.
Everyone seems completely disenchanted with our politicians and the EU's continued reticence, contempt and disregard for the British people.

I was replying to you but it became this thread...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Oh, and regarding my attendance at the pub, yes I am there every day. All meals are £2.50, all alcoholic drinks are £2.50. Tea and coffee is £1.00.
I've given up cooking these days, free newspapers there as well as banter with other regulars.

Believe it or not there is a Scottish guy there who I like as well, he's funny as #

I've told the Mrs about those prices and the daily rate for labouring and she sees the appeal. The seed is down, ha ha

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Move down mate, you'd love it here, warmer for a start!
If you wanted to do it easy you could start in a nice house share rented room, £100 per week no bills, agency job within days, sounds a cliche but processing crabs or a pasty factory lol, then find a nice flat or cottage.
My 21 year old son lives with his girlfriend and they earn decent money. He pays £450 a month for his one bedroom cottage and has a better sea view than me.

It is curious here, rich people live cheek by jowl with poor people. There are no 'rough' areas.
My little house is a 200 year old stone built cattle shed, tiny. Across the street are million £ apartments, even got a reality TV star 2 doors away, stuck up bitch, see her in the tabloids most weeks, she hates me because I haven't painted my house in maybe a decade lol.

...do you reckon there will be a paint shortage after Brexit???!

edit on 17-1-2019 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Paint should be fine, we've got a few decent manufacturers in the UK ha ha.

It's not something we that would happen this year, got 2 young ones to think about and a relationship to repair with their big sister first. But discussions are happening

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

funny you mention paint shortages , well during the earthquakes and tsunami that hit japan , thailand , malaysia etc

the major japanese factories that produce black pigment were taken out of production due to damage
and there was a world panic for black pigment!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Hurry before that second Scottish referendum because there will be watchtowers and snipers on Hadrian's wall keeping you out if the vote is to leave the UK!

a reply to: sapien82
That was an interesting factoid

...I should be okay, Magnolia masonry paint is all I need. I'll be able to get some smuggled in from my eastern European mates after Brexit. lol

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join