It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little telecaster playing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Just toying around a bit on the "real" American made 1992 Telecaster. I guess now parts for the American Fender products are really not all made in America these days. Maybe like the strings.
Anyway, had a couple of cups of Japanese sake so I named it...

app.box.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Great sound, I'm a guitar builder in Texas, check out this Tele made from cedar, wound the pickups too. All builds are from scratch

m.facebook.com...

Cedar body
Maple pickguard
Maple neck
25" scale length
24 frets
12" radius
Humbucker 9 dc
Bridge 8 dc

Okmeek guitars

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kent04

Great sound, I'm a guitar builder in Texas, check out this Tele made from cedar, wound the pickups too. All builds are from scratch

m.facebook.com...

Cedar body
Maple pickguard
Maple neck
25" scale length
24 frets
12" radius
Humbucker 9 dc
Bridge 8 dc

Okmeek guitars

Like your headstock on it. Give it a touch of class. So do go to the NAMM in Calif. ?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Started building about 2 years ago, haven't gotten into the namm circuit yet, just custom builds

Here's a sound test vid of the Tele, (right handed guitar, forgot to revert the front face camera)

m.youtube.com...

Check out my Facebook for all builds, customers get to follow the progress of their dream guitar!

m.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kent04

Started building about 2 years ago, haven't gotten into the namm circuit yet, just custom builds

Here's a sound test vid of the Tele, (right handed guitar, forgot to revert the front face camera)

m.youtube.com...

Check out my Facebook for all builds, customers get to follow the progress of their dream guitar!

m.facebook.com...

Checked out the YT . You really a fine guitar player, me not so much, but its a hobby for me. The alinco 5 pickups are good and have been around for years. The Chinese know that an put them in their guitars, but the copper wiring is what kills the true benefit of having Alinco 5 pickups.

Nice playing , dude

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I miss having a guitar, i'm poor destitute and debilitated.

idid like your neat riff though, made me happy.
edit on 18-11-2018 by Shockerking because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thanks for the compliments,

Yay guitars

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Nice touch. You sound like Chet Atkins in his early years, and that's a good thing. Not many people can pick that kind of -- what to call it -- tremolo picking? You have a lot of talent. Keep creating

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shockerking
I miss having a guitar, i'm poor destitute and debilitated.

idid like your neat riff though, made me happy.

So you know I was destitute at one time too. Small world isn't it?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Lost track of my 69 blond Tele., While doing a lot of session work...

I made it a Frankenstin w 3 pickups..DiMarzio Dist .Humbucking at neck, covers off...Strat pickup Midway/center...Tell pickup bridge position.

Copper (?) foil inside sheilding...5 way switch, and on and off switch. I have a photo buried in a trunk, but will try n post it soon.

Last seen in Detroit in 1979. First, a collector bought it...then heard Roy Bucannan bought it...then rumored to make it to the U.K and Jimmy Page...but I never saw it again.

*If anyone sees it...Please let me know

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Nice that you have a passion for guitars. My Husband is a guitarist and enjoys working on guitars, fixing them and customizing them for friends. Adding a pic of a really cool guitar I saw on facebook.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
My axe of choice is a my Tele, it's from Mexico (a tequila-caster), but it's from a batch that was rumored to have been sent to California for construction due to a fire at the Mexican workshop.

To my knowledge Fender has not confirmed these rumors, but I swear that this one plays better than any other I've had my hands on.

top topics

join