It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know what's in there

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Yeah Alberta got the third degree, I'm not comfortable disclosing which province I live in but I'm in one that's more lenient and I did not purchase it from Alberta.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I've got a package pending from the same supplier and the person at the post office has said they will not give it to me when it arrives.

That's what I'm up against, a person who feels they can withhold my packages after I have legally paid for them from a legal supplier. I've since spoken to the supplier and made them aware of what happened today, they assured me that everything is legal and the packaging is up to legal standards.

Plus it did not smell, the postal worker straight up lied about that.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is interesting...

www.cbc.ca...

From Canada Post: Canada Post has been delivering medical cannabis safely since 2013. Canada Post will follow the law, regulations and any guidelines from the federal government and also from the provincial and territorial governments, which will oversee the sale and distribution in their respective provinces and territories. Once recreational cannabis is legalized, it will be the responsibility of licensed distributors to ensure their shipments, including packaging and labelling, follow the laws and regulations of the federal and provincial governments.

According to this statement from Canada Post to CBC, what you did was in no way illegal (signing and accepting the package). As I understand this statement, it is up to the distributor. Just a little nugget of information should they point the finger at you.

ETA: At the bottom of this article there is a handy little thing that lets you select your province and it gives you a quick glance at laws/restrictions for each province. If you are in a province that allows for private online sales, this postman is just on a power trip. Give ‘em all hell tomorrow when you call. This is ridiculous!
edit on 25-10-2018 by HushedNoLonger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: HushedNoLonger

Thanks for that info, I'm not going to back off because I know I'm in the right. For me it's a matter of principal that it's not their right to publically say they know what I'm purchasing and tell me I'm doing something illegal when it's not. That's embarrassing man, besides I'm not walking around trying to act like I'm purchasing it, I want that to be confidential. That's my right.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Sounds like your spouse wears the pants.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Oh I've been there, learned my lessons the hard way. That being said, we never said we didn't have any fun right ?

Oh, yeah!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: montybd

Lol not quite but I could see why you would think that. She actually younger than me, still rather confrontational whereas if I get involved, well you dont want me to get involved because it means you've pushed too far. Shes a strong woman and can take care of herself, and I respect that and let her say what she wants.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Just a quick update, I haven't heard anything more from the post office, my complaint has been acknowledged though. My other package that was on its way got delayed for about an extra week. I'm going to post this article I found recently enough about new laws coming into effect. If you are say an international student in canada, you may want to read this carefully. Likewise for anyone else who chooses to consume.

www.mtlblog.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join